PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone going to use Music?

I was looking at it. For those of you that don't know, I've been doing a death metal radio show since 1996. So I use my music a lot when the CDs go MIA. I also just FLAC'd the entire catalog that I have.
Right now, I have 116,545 songs.
I think that the 20K limit on Music puts it out of my usage.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:38 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone going to use Music?

The only thing they said is they would stream 20,000 songs for free...then more then that will probably be charging..

and if they work out a deal with the music industry they will prob do same thing as amazon where songs you buy from the you get free..

Overall, for those that use mp3s Amazon has the better offer...for those that use FLAC where each file is 80mb or so..it might not be a bad deal..I mean thats like 1,600,000mb or 1,600gb or 1.6tb of music storage..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Why would anyone want an 80mb file unless they have the equipment to reproduce the sound?
I'm good...

I use 5gb on Amazon and will definitely fill up the 20 thousand slots on the google service... My library is about 30 thousand... But I'm not in love with all the songs...
Some were downloaded for my wife... I will not be putting up any of my justin timberlake songs that's for sure. LOL.

I'm excited to try it as soon as it becomes available... I'm already using the mobile music player. It's really nice... But it still needs some refinement.
p.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:29 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Why would anyone want an 80mb file unless they have the equipment to reproduce the sound?
I'm good...
Cause the Epic is really really good at producing sound? mostly with the voodoo fix the sound is AMAZING for a cell phone...
Old 05-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

I'm sorry bro... But unless you have a tube amplifier professional equipment including speakers and microphones... You cannot begin to appreciate an 80mb file.

And I don't mean Beats by Dre... I'm talking PRO!

Now you sound like an iPhone fainboi.

Please... The epic may be able to record and 80mb file... The quality will not be there though.
p.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:06 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
I'm sorry bro... But unless you have a tube amplifier professional equipment including speakers and microphones... You cannot begin to appreciate an 80mb file.

And I don't mean Beats by Dre... I'm talking PRO!

Now you sound like an iPhone fainboi.

Please... The epic may be able to record and 80mb file... The quality will not be there though.
p.
you can plug it into a car speaker system..a person on xda claimed he used his epic to get 173dbs with epic + car sound system...

oh and Epic has better audio then the iphone >.>

Here is what we have:
http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/audio_hubs/WM8994/

Last edited by gTen; 05-13-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

1.76 TB to be exact. I think that flac's will be converted to 320Kbps mp3s from what I read. I can't use MP3s. I need lossless since I have to deal with compression algorithms messing and aliasing out data. Especially with HD radio.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Yeahhhhh...

Db does not equal Hi Fidelity... You don't need 80Mb to get Dbs.

I believe you that it's a great sounding device...

But an iPhone camera takes great shots... But it is no where near as good as a professional photography camera ( no matter what the iDweebs say) and the sound the epic can reproduce is not on par with anything that can ACCURATELY reproduce an 80Mb file.

I believe you... It sounds good.
No argument there.
p.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

wait, I carry around a Nikon D3 when I could have just gotten an iPhone? FML.

anyhow, my work gf and I compared the iPhone 4 video to the epic and the epic was a million times better.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Yes... It is the best thing out there...

There....

I'm done...

Can it play MP3s better than your DJ equipment can too?
p.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G