PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Anyone going to use Music? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143638)

revaaron 05-13-2011 11:14 AM

Anyone going to use Music?

I was looking at it. For those of you that don't know, I've been doing a death metal radio show since 1996. So I use my music a lot when the CDs go MIA. I also just FLAC'd the entire catalog that I have.
Right now, I have 116,545 songs.
I think that the 20K limit on Music puts it out of my usage.

gTen 05-13-2011 11:38 AM

Re: Anyone going to use Music?

The only thing they said is they would stream 20,000 songs for free...then more then that will probably be charging..

and if they work out a deal with the music industry they will prob do same thing as amazon where songs you buy from the you get free..

Overall, for those that use mp3s Amazon has the better offer...for those that use FLAC where each file is 80mb or so..it might not be a bad deal..I mean thats like 1,600,000mb or 1,600gb or 1.6tb of music storage..

AZTECHKA 05-13-2011 01:26 PM

Why would anyone want an 80mb file unless they have the equipment to reproduce the sound?
I'm good...

I use 5gb on Amazon and will definitely fill up the 20 thousand slots on the google service... My library is about 30 thousand... But I'm not in love with all the songs...
Some were downloaded for my wife... I will not be putting up any of my justin timberlake songs that's for sure. LOL.

I'm excited to try it as soon as it becomes available... I'm already using the mobile music player. It's really nice... But it still needs some refinement.
p.

gTen 05-13-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 2101046)
Why would anyone want an 80mb file unless they have the equipment to reproduce the sound?
I'm good...

Cause the Epic is really really good at producing sound? mostly with the voodoo fix the sound is AMAZING for a cell phone...

AZTECHKA 05-13-2011 01:40 PM

I'm sorry bro... But unless you have a tube amplifier professional equipment including speakers and microphones... You cannot begin to appreciate an 80mb file.

And I don't mean Beats by Dre... I'm talking PRO!

Now you sound like an iPhone fainboi.

Please... The epic may be able to record and 80mb file... The quality will not be there though.
p.

gTen 05-13-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 2101059)
I'm sorry bro... But unless you have a tube amplifier professional equipment including speakers and microphones... You cannot begin to appreciate an 80mb file.

And I don't mean Beats by Dre... I'm talking PRO!

Now you sound like an iPhone fainboi.

Please... The epic may be able to record and 80mb file... The quality will not be there though.
p.

you can plug it into a car speaker system..a person on xda claimed he used his epic to get 173dbs with epic + car sound system...

oh and Epic has better audio then the iphone >.>

Here is what we have:
http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/audio_hubs/WM8994/

revaaron 05-13-2011 02:17 PM

1.76 TB to be exact. I think that flac's will be converted to 320Kbps mp3s from what I read. I can't use MP3s. I need lossless since I have to deal with compression algorithms messing and aliasing out data. Especially with HD radio.

AZTECHKA 05-13-2011 02:22 PM

Yeahhhhh...

Db does not equal Hi Fidelity... You don't need 80Mb to get Dbs.

I believe you that it's a great sounding device...

But an iPhone camera takes great shots... But it is no where near as good as a professional photography camera ( no matter what the iDweebs say) and the sound the epic can reproduce is not on par with anything that can ACCURATELY reproduce an 80Mb file.

I believe you... It sounds good.
No argument there.
p.

revaaron 05-13-2011 03:38 PM

wait, I carry around a Nikon D3 when I could have just gotten an iPhone? FML.

anyhow, my work gf and I compared the iPhone 4 video to the epic and the epic was a million times better.

AZTECHKA 05-13-2011 03:41 PM

Yes... It is the best thing out there...

There....

I'm done...

Can it play MP3s better than your DJ equipment can too?
p.