PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

mookiemoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Epic freezes during text message sending

I am new to the epic and about ready to sell it on ebay. Almost daily, it gets frozen during the sending phase of text messaging. Is there a fix to this? I have the stock rom. Also, sometimes, when I plug it in for the night to the charger, when i wake up, it is frozen in the sleep state and I have to take the battery out of it to reboot it. Any insight to fixes on these issues????
Old 05-08-2011, 03:24 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Epic freezes during text message sending

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemoo View Post
I am new to the epic and about ready to sell it on ebay. Almost daily, it gets frozen during the sending phase of text messaging. Is there a fix to this? I have the stock rom. Also, sometimes, when I plug it in for the night to the charger, when i wake up, it is frozen in the sleep state and I have to take the battery out of it to reboot it. Any insight to fixes on these issues????
This does not sound like normal behavior..try doing a hard reset..if that doesn't work try re-flashing via odin..and if that still does not help take it to a sprint store to see if you can get a exchange via warranty.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-08-2011, 04:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

sprint has been having text/mms issues lately and evo users are also posting issues, i have no issues in pa but sprint did confirm there having issues.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic
Carrier: sprint

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemoo View Post

well i def experience the freeze during texting myself.. idk what the issue is either ...
Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

So far no issues with mine (fingers crossed) but can definitely state that no product is perfect. If it were mine, I would take it back to Sprint to have it fixed or replaced. Definitely not "normal" Epic behavior.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:20 PM
ELOHIM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I had this same issue on both of My Epic's. I brought the first one back and the guy mentioned doing an Update Profile and Update PRL. Both of which did not work. I was soo happy to get my new one thinking that the fact that my phone was rooted had something to do with the Text Messages getting stuck at the "sending" state.

I then cracked open my new one and was excited but as soon as I left the store I sent a text to realize that it was still stuck at the "sending" state again. I'm not sure what's going on either but it seems to happen more often than not now. The only true solution for me is to reboot my phone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G