PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Camera disabled below 15% battery

So with the perfect phone it's hard to find something to b!t¢# about, but here's one.

I'm TIRED of not being able to use my camera when the battery is below 15%. This is so dumb. Maybe 5% would make sense. There HAS to be a way around this, right? C'mon devs! Help a brotha out!

They found a little workaround for this issue on the Omnia here

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 03-25-2011, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Camera disabled below 15% battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
So with the perfect phone it's hard to find something to b!t¢# about, but here's one.

I'm TIRED of not being able to use my camera when the battery is below 15%. This is so dumb. Maybe 5% would make sense. There HAS to be a way around this, right? C'mon devs! Help a brotha out!

been looking for a work around myself..havent found 1 yet..so i wouldnt get ur hopes up for a fix anytime soon...imo
Old 03-25-2011, 06:35 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Retro Camera (Android) - Download

theres your fix.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You're right, that's what I use as a workaround right now, but......

the workaround isn't great if I want to take video, or just a standard photo without all types of effects, or if I'm in another app (Facebook, pix messaging, etc..) and it wants to launch the camera....
Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

What Rom are you running? I believe some of the kernals have this fix in them. I believe the midnight rom has this fix in it.

Please don't forget to thank me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
What Rom are you running? I believe some of the kernals have this fix in them. I believe the midnight rom has this fix in it.
heheh I'm on Midnight rom 5 and honestly I haven't tested it as I just flashed...

I noticed wifi tether 3 pre 10 in your sig, do you like that one more than 11?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thx for the heads up fellas
Old 03-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
Quote:
heheh I'm on Midnight rom 5 and honestly I haven't tested it as I just flashed...

I noticed wifi tether 3 pre 10 in your sig, do you like that one more than 11?
Just tested, stock camera closes when battery dips below 15% on midnight 5
Old 03-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Post Re: Camera disabled below 15% battery

Quote:
Just tested, stock camera closes when battery dips below 15% on midnight 5
Yes I do. I tried version 11 and it crashes my cell phone more often than version 10. I am still trying to figure out which version is the most stable for the samsung epic. But I know version 11 is not stable for me. There was a modification for the EB13 modem and kernal I don't know if it is compabile with the new kernal. My phone is perfect now and I don't feel like being a guinea pig right now. Plus I can't not find where I put it. I am going to check my desktop computer for it.

Last edited by jamice4u; 03-26-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: SPH-D700

Jago is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Jago Send a message via AIM to Jago Send a message via MSN to Jago Send a message via Yahoo to Jago

Quote:

I hate that as well. Also I don't like how the camera will not start while on a phone call...sometimes you just have to take a photo and it can't wait!
www.teamsolcal.com

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G