PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Grateful Dave is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Getting flooded with error messages-Can't use phone

Okay, I was just too happy. I flashed the MidNIGHT ROM 4.2 two weeks ago. All has been great. I finally had the smartphone I thought I had originally bought. All was great. I switched batteries (if that makes a difference) this afternoon and ever since then I get the FC messages that the MTM gingerbread app, Google Service Framework, phone, and other message that say that the application has stopped unexpectedly, try again. Can't dial, receive call, or much else.I just get a series of these error message. . I have taken the battery out and replaced, cleared the cache in CW MOD. I downloaded Touchdown, Dolphin and Docs to Go on Sunday. All were working well until this afternoon.

Please help. What can I do? Any ideas about what went wrong? Thanks!

Last edited by Grateful Dave; 03-22-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:37 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Getting flooded with error messages-Can't use phone

sounds like corruption somewhere, backup reflash.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks. Just want to make sure I understand. I back up using CW Mod? I flash back to 4.2 and then restore using CW Mod and my apps and data will be there? This is my first time, be gentle.

Should I flash to the new 5.0? Will the data and apps restore?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:05 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful Dave View Post
Thanks. Just want to make sure I understand. I back up using CW Mod? I flash back to 4.2 and then restore using CW Mod and my apps and data will be there? This is my first time, be gentle.
well you can but then the corruption may restore also so i would use "my backup" app from market.

30 day free trial on "pro version here:RerWare Android&#8482 Products: MyBackup Pro (backup Android, Nexus One, Motorola Droid, G1, Hero, MyTouch, etc...), MyBookmarks
Old 03-22-2011, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks. Can I use MYBackup and then upgrade to MidNIGHT ROM 5.0?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:20 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful Dave View Post
Thanks. Can I use MYBackup and then upgrade to MidNIGHT ROM 5.0?
ya but some of us are having issues with new modem which you will need to odin so may wanna stay put for now.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Good advice then. Thanks! I flashed that successfully. Any ideas if i did something that might have corrupted the files? or is just part of the Android experience?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

streeker is a n00b

Hey Grateful Dave, I was having the exact same problem as u last week. Funny because my problems started after my battery died (maybe battery related). Anyways, all I did was factory reset (3x) and reflashed midnights rom to get things running smoothly again. I lost my apps and data, but I don't care about that too much since I only have a few apps installed on my phone (didn't even attempt to backup my data).

Hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Its hard to say..anything is possible..

1) It is possible your flash was bad..(This is why I wish MD5 is used more)

2) Some people are claiming that EXT4 can cause corruption until we get Journaling enabled.

3) sometimes tools like CWM can restore old date that was moved in recent app version or on the rom which can cause the corruption.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-22-2011, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Then there's nothing I can do accept wait for the next time. Thanks guys. Owning a smart phone means never having to worry about free time. All I want is phone that works the way they say it does without regular breakdowns. I really appreciate all of you for helping out and Rob for a ROM that really shows the potential of this technology.

Last edited by Grateful Dave; 03-23-2011 at 12:08 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G