PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 11:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

BigBlondeAndBlueMale is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ETA on Re-Release of Froyo 2.2 OTA

Not that this is any earth shattering news, but Samsung still offers no information, nor estimations, about the re-release of Foryo 2.2.

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Sylvester'.
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK4380647068X
Sylvester: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
J. B. : Good morning Sylvester. I was wondering if you have any information about whether froyo 2.2 will be release OTA, and if so, when?
Sylvester: I understand that you want to know if Android 2.2 will be released OTA, am I correct?
J. B. : Yes.
Sylvester: Thanks for confirming.
Sylvester: May I know the Model number of your phone.
J. B. : SPH-D70
Sylvester: Thanks.
J. B. : SPH-D700
Sylvester: Yes, the update was released over the Air for your phone, but Sprint and Samsung have temporarily suspended the Samsung Epic 4G over-the-air upgrade to Android 2.2 (Froyo) as a result of
Sylvester: issues experienced by a small number of customers. We apologize for the inconvenience while
Sylvester: we perform additional software testing to ensure the best customer experience.
Sylvester: Additional information will be provided when it becomes available.
J. B. : Is there any estimation about when Android 2.2 may be re-released?
Sylvester: I am sorry, but we are unable to speculate when/if a software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.
J. B. : Come on Sylvester... Not even a guess?
Sylvester: I really am very sorry, but I can not confirm you anything as of now as I do not have any official information.
J. B. : Is there anyone who might be willing to take a guess?
Sylvester: I am sorry, but everyone here have the same information as I do.
Sylvester: I would have given you the details myself if I had the information.
J. B. : I understand. It is unfortunate that it is taking so long to fix "issues experienced by a small number of customers".
Sylvester: I understand your concern, but this is for the good of the customers.
J. B. : It seems as though motorola and HTC phones are not having nearly the frustrations that Samsung customers are having. They have had foryo for months.
Sylvester: We value our customers and wouldn't want you to have issues after you update the phone, that is the reason the update was pulled back.
J. B. : Please forward this conversation on to anyone who might be interested in hearing the collective frustration of Epic owners.
Sylvester: I will sure forward the message to the concerned department.
J. B. : If Samsung is going to take longer to re-release 2.2. The least they could do is offer an ETA.
Sylvester: I understand your concern, I will sure forward your suggestions to the concerned department.
J. B. : I wish I could thank you for your help, but instead I will thank you for your time.
Sylvester: You are welcome and I am sorry that I couldn't be of help.

This thread could be the forum for any rumors, myths, or complete fabrications that might offer a glimmer of hope. Will there be a re-release? Will we skip it and go to Gingerbread? It is nice to dream...
Old 03-14-2011, 12:45 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Re: ETA on Re-Release of Froyo 2.2 OTA

We already have a thread for this here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epic-4g/141245-samsung-has-pulled-eb13-due-user-complaints.html

Thanks for posting the conversation though.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BigBlondeAndBlueMale is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I apologize, Shane. Please feel free to deltete this. I ran a search but the thread that you linked to, did not pop up. I have found the thread and posted there. Feel free to kill this thread.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:38 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlondeAndBlueMale View Post
I apologize, Shane. Please feel free to deltete this. I ran a search but the thread that you linked to, did not pop up. I have found the thread and posted there. Feel free to kill this thread.
No biggie, it was on the second page. I just wanted to make sure you saw it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Tags
2.2, epic, froyo, re-release, samsung