PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

klbjr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alternate Data Restore

Can someone please suggest a alternate way to restore data besides Titanium, MyBackup Pro & CWM? Was having problems after flashing Froyo but have narrowed it down. If I flash Froyo update, then ROM. Everything is fine but after I restore data using any of the mentioned apps I start getting FC's.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:20 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Are you trying to restore data from 2.1 eclair to a 2.2 Froyo rom?
If so, I wouldn't recommend it!

I haven't had any problems restoring data using cwm once your on Froyo.

Sent from an Epic 3G on SERO
Old 01-27-2011, 01:31 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Alternate Data Restore

Are you restoring both apps and data or just data?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 01-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/Palm Pre
Threadstarter

klbjr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Are you trying to restore data from 2.1 eclair to a 2.2 Froyo rom?
If so, I wouldn't recommend it! I haven't had any problems restoring data using cwm once your on Froyo.
Yes. Actually I was. Never thought about that being a problem. I'm not restoring any of the actual phone data or settings. Just my apps and data. Don't want to lose all of my Angry Bird accomplishments and other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Are you restoring both apps and data or just data?
Both. Apps and data.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]
Both. Apps and data.
For restoring data with Titanium I suggest hitting the "Problems?" button and installing the busy box...then MANUALLY install all the Apps and use Titanium to just restore data..that should work for a 2.2 conversion...

Other alternative is this...go back to stock 2.1 and restore your stuff...then use the update.zip method via stock recovery to convert to 2.2..then backup your data and load whichever custom rom you want...
Old 01-27-2011, 07:33 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
Yes. Actually I was. Never thought about that being a problem. I'm not restoring any of the actual phone data or settings. Just my apps and data. Don't want to lose all of my Angry Bird accomplishments and other stuff.
Can't lose the Birds.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I have been able to keep my backups from eclair to froyo and bow gingerbread. If you are not able to come to any resolution, try this: use a2sd to move apps to sd, then flash new rom + a2sd and your apps will load to the phone. You can then move all of your apps back to the phone and cease to use a2sd if you want. This was the only way I was able to get angry birds to restore back onto a froyo rom from a gingerbread rom.

Tapa tapa tapa
Old 01-27-2011, 11:22 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I have been able to keep my backups from eclair to froyo and bow gingerbread. If you are not able to come to any resolution, try this: use a2sd to move apps to sd, then flash new rom + a2sd and your apps will load to the phone. You can then move all of your apps back to the phone and cease to use a2sd if you want. This was the only way I was able to get angry birds to restore back onto a froyo rom from a gingerbread rom.

Tapa tapa tapa
Apps2SD is a Froyo feature lol
Old 01-28-2011, 01:54 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Apps2SD is a Froyo feature lol
Yeah, I know. I mean the real a2sd that puts apps on a different partition. The froyo included a2sd didn't do the trick thus the reason I gave my recommendation. Lol.

Tapa tapa tapa

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G