PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 12:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC
Carrier: sprint

uranidiot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung keeps up with it's long line of not upgrading phones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
holds breath.
i hour left
Old 12-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

OFFICIAL: Epic 4G: No Android 2.2 Froyo Update on 12/26 - BriefMobile

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 12-26-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:37 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Oh, what a surprise. You could have knocked me over with a feather..........not.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Question Re: Samsung keeps up with it's long line of not upgrading phones!

Not that I'd be willing to bet money on this...But how many of you think that we'll see another Samsung Galaxy S class device released AGAIN before seeing 2.2.1??

I really don't get this, how many effing times does it take to make a properly working phone? I'll give them a infinitesimally small amount of credit that their trying, I mean they are at version DL19 so that means they keep submitting updates to Sprint but who is developing them? For obvious reasons it can't be a team of people, because this collective whole is completely incapable of producing results in a timely matter, so it must be a single person--right? Why is it that, as a hobby the folks at XDA can produce so much better work then a company, that in 2009, struck a revenue of $117.4 billion?

What gives Samsung??
Old 12-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G

dizidi is becoming a great contributor

Samsung To Reveal Galaxy S Follow-up At MWC 2011?

Samsung may introduce the follow up to the Galaxy S line in a couple months. I hope we get official froyo from Sprint before then.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:33 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizidi View Post

Samsung may introduce the follow up to the Galaxy S line in a couple months. I hope we get official froyo from Sprint before then.
not a surprise..they introduced it in 2010 around the time too...but we will definitely get froyo by then..maybe even gingerbread..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizidi View Post

Oh boy! Evo owners gonna rip the rest of their head hairs after seeing galaxy 2 specs! They gonna get shafted with snapdragon2 in which is a snapdragon 1 but with a new hood flame sticker. Poor saps.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC

uranidiot is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4rtan5 View Post
Oh boy! Evo owners gonna rip the rest of their head hairs after seeing galaxy 2 specs! They gonna get shafted with snapdragon2 in which is a snapdragon 1 but with a new hood flame sticker. Poor saps.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
no their not. because their phone is running wild on the beach while we epic owners r in the kiddy pool. their happy, we're not. Seriously nobody who has a samsung phone in their right mind is going to buy another samsung phone again . i dont care if its duo core running icecream for $150. so when r they releasing froyo mr?
Old 12-29-2010, 03:15 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranidiot View Post
no their not. because their phone is running wild on the beach while we epic owners r in the kiddy pool. their happy, we're not. Seriously nobody who has a samsung phone in their right mind is going to buy another samsung phone again . i dont care if its duo core running icecream for $150. so when r they releasing froyo mr?
As stated before..blame sprint..Samsung already released Froyo all over the world...US is one of the only if not the only place where there is no Froyo cause carriers are slacking...

Either way its irrelevant..the Galaxy S broke a lot of ground in the developer community in general..and with the introduction of the Nexus S it takes it a step farther...aka initially developers weren't familiar with samsung..thus our development has been behind...next generation of phones, development for the Samsung phones and HTC phones will be on par..

All thats left is to get LG in the mix and my evil master plan will finally be realized muwahahahahaha...>.> lol
Old 12-29-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC-6800

pkny is keeping up the good workpkny is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
As stated before..blame sprint..Samsung already released Froyo all over the world...US is one of the only if not the only place where there is no Froyo cause carriers are slacking...

Either way its irrelevant..the Galaxy S broke a lot of ground in the developer community in general..and with the introduction of the Nexus S it takes it a step farther...aka initially developers weren't familiar with samsung..thus our development has been behind...next generation of phones, development for the Samsung phones and HTC phones will be on par..

All thats left is to get LG in the mix and my evil master plan will finally be realized muwahahahahaha...>.> lol
I understand when you say blame sprint but why would they even have a development team testing out the Intercept froyo before testing out the epic froyo.
More revenue is generated from the epic subscribers and I assume most folks on the intercept didn't even mind if froyo ever came out for their phone. A lot more noise is also coming from the epic community then the intercept community when it comes to the froyo debate. Sprint also released froyo in a timely manner for the EVO which i understand is their flagship phone, but the epic is also considered their top tier phone.

This doesn't make any sense unless not many epics.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G