PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

oranges311 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
why is there so much crap opening itself up?

how come whenever i check my advance task killer thats so much bs open that ive never opened before? like sprint zone and sprint nav is almost always open and media hub and voicemail and voice dial and crap like that. battery life would probly be prefect if those would just stay closed...
Old 09-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: why is there so much crap opening itself up?

check to see what's "using" your battery... you'll find that those apps aren't "doing anything" that consumes battery... (most likely)
Old 09-17-2010, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

how do i do that?
Old 09-17-2010, 10:58 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

from the home screen, bring up the menu. go to settings> about phone> battery usage.
i have a shortcut on my homescreen that goes straight there, but for the life of me cant figure out how i put it there.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

lol ... long press on the home screen>shortcuts>settings

Last edited by dumpringz; 09-17-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:59 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

no. thats not it. i have a specific battery usage widget. it is a picture of a battery with a magnifiying glass over it. it goes to the battery usage screen, not settings.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

exactly same widget I have. its in the settings .. I forgot to say tap battery use after tapping setting because its right there to pick from along with others. long press home screen>shortcuts>settings>battery use
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:13 AM

well, that last step makes a world of difference. thanks for mentioning it the first time!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Lol thanks guys I'll check it out and see what's up. Gonna root soon would that offer any options to solve battery drainage?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

bharris25 is just getting started
Evo gets decent battery life when in standby and not syncing a ton of different things. If you're running. Froyo uninstall your task killer, its not needed, I get the same battery life either way.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G