PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Root (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133550)

bobbyblack 09-12-2010 09:17 PM

Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Ro

Oh... And what is busy box and remount? If you don't mind me asking.

gTen 09-12-2010 09:54 PM

Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Ro

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyblack (Post 1942877)
Oh... And what is busy box and remount? If you don't mind me asking.

Its just there to look nice :)..jk jk lol

Busybox gives you extra root linux functions that were not available before.

and Remount script I think when you do a modification to the system you need to remount it...

shaun0207 09-28-2010 10:39 PM

Hey Guys:

Quick question: Got my wife an Epic 4G and it will charge via the computer but it wont mount and load her SD card for mass storage mode even though she has enabled it on the phone. Any ideas?

gTen 09-29-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun0207 (Post 1959410)
Hey Guys:

Quick question: Got my wife an Epic 4G and it will charge via the computer but it wont mount and load her SD card for mass storage mode even though she has enabled it on the phone. Any ideas?

Try installing the drivers?

Also did you root the device?

bobbyblack 09-30-2010 09:45 PM

How do you boot into clockwork?

gTen 09-30-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyblack (Post 1962028)
How do you boot into clockwork?

When the phone is off..hit the Vol down + Camera + Power and hold it while booting.

blazinazn 10-04-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun0207 (Post 1959410)
Hey Guys:

You shouldn't need to install drivers. Plug it in and let it try to install the windows drivers automatically. Which operating system are you using anyways? I've had some luck by trying different USB ports on the PC.

Plugging the epic into a PC is very finnicky. Sometimes I'll get an error saying it wasn't found and it's unusable. I unplug it and then try a different slot and it works. All else fails, try rebooting the phone and trying again. It will work without drivers if you just want to mount USB as mass storage to transfer files

Johnny.Bravo 10-07-2010 06:42 AM

gTen,

I know you have been updating the wiki pretty regularly, but don't we need to update the section about the GPS? Haven't all the issues been pretty much worked out?

gTen 10-07-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 1968062)
gTen,

I know you have been updating the wiki pretty regularly, but don't we need to update the section about the GPS? Haven't all the issues been pretty much worked out?

I wasn't the one who put the info on the GPS, rdm was I think..I noticed it recently too, if you want to take it out feel free to.

Johnny.Bravo 10-07-2010 05:26 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/20.2489; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 1968062)
gTen,

I wasn't the one who put the info on the GPS, rdm was I think..I noticed it recently too, if you want to take it out feel free to.

Actually I was about to but I want to make sure that the gps issues have indeed been fixed. Has anyone tested the latest update to see if the ephemeris issue has been resolved?