PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

master4g is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Epic as MP3 player- Hows the battery life

I would love to remove one item out of my pockets and just use the Epic as a mp3 player as well.., but how the battery life for audio only?

Im one of those iphone haters but I have to give it props for being rated at 40 hours of music playback (not sure if it holds up to that though)

The Iphone 4 has a 1200mah battery whereas the Epic has a 1500 mah, but for some reason I don't think the Epic could compete with the 40 hours..

Any experiences? thoughts?

oh yeah. Any recommendation on another music player besides the stock?

Last edited by master4g; 09-07-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

vansmack is keeping up the good workvansmack is keeping up the good work
Re: Epic as MP3 player- Hows the battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4g View Post
I would love to remove one item out of my pockets and just use the Epic as a mp3 player as well.., but how the battery life for audio only?

Im one of those iphone haters but I have to give it props for being rated at 40 hours of music playback (not sure if it holds up to that though)

The Iphone 4 has a 1200mah battery whereas the Epic has a 1500 mah, but for some reason I don't think the Epic could compete with the 40 hours..

I've never seen audio playback comparison's but the video playback comparison chart I saw was that the iPhone4 claimed 10 hours of video playback (theoretical) and that the Galaxy S was 7.5 hours of ACTUAL playback.

So I think if you used the same ratio for music, it would be 40 hours for the iPhone and 30 hours for the Galaxy S.

The difference of course is that widgets change the battery life dramatically, so it will be different for each user depending on the number of widgets being run.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4g View Post

oh yeah. Any recommendation on another music player besides the stock?
You should be able to accomplish it...your mileage may vary depending on how you plan to use it as a phone but overall if you listen to music and screen is off most of the time there should be no problem.maybe even with under-clocking and other tweaks you can even beat 40 hours.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to General Epic 4G Discussion
Old 09-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sure it works great if you... switch to airplane mode the whole time you play media files, and keep the screen off as much as possible... I use the moto s9 so my bt radio is the only one I leave on and I get a couple hours out of the beast before my 15% warning pops up...
Old 09-13-2010, 04:08 PM
smu
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

smu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I found this site on the Web: it seems to have pretty good life as an MP3 player.
Maxis10: Samsung Galaxy S Battery Life Tests ยป Latest Hi Tech News
Old 09-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work

I just did 2hrs in the gym listening to it. The Battery went from 100% to 65%.
I had to put the phone in airplane mode though... why? cause not in airplane mode, it was stopping the music every 10 to 30 seconds
Old 09-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
I just did 2hrs in the gym listening to it. The Battery went from 100% to 65%.
I had to put the phone in airplane mode though... why? cause not in airplane mode, it was stopping the music every 10 to 30 seconds
Did you have a good signal? How many bars did you have? If you are in a "fringe" area, every time your phone lost and searched for a signal, your phone probably stuttered...
Old 09-15-2010, 06:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work
From my personal hnds on experiences as an mp3 player, the diference maily lies between, listening to mp3's stored on sd card o device itself, and streaming music. For me, streaming music w/ apps like pandor etc I lose about 10 percent for an hour or playtime... so id estimate that at about 10 hrs of pure music streaming... but when listeng to musc saved on my device/sd card, it almost negligible... it about double the streaming time... 2hrs of music playing for 10 percent battery... so id averge that out to about 20 hrs... now, mind you the is from my personal experiences and observations both playing music alone, in "airplane mode" like enviromnts, and playing w/ my average device use... also it should be know, I seem to have great battery life... and that is something that seems to have fluctuated w different users and devices... but that's my honest feedback, hope it helps!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Did you have a good signal? How many bars did you have? If you are in a "fringe" area, every time your phone lost and searched for a signal, your phone probably stuttered...
yep, it's in a fringe area. that's why I decided to turn it off. Actually, it's not a fringe area... it's the building since there is perfect reception all around it, but near nothing inside of it.

i should also say that I have last.fm scrobbling my tracks too.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G