PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Hotspot

I tried connecting the Epics Sprint hotspot. Is this a pay service? I tried to activate it and got a connection to my pc no problem, but cant get data. Anybody else try it?

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 09-07-2010, 03:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Hotspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
I tried connecting the Epics Sprint hotspot. Is this a pay service? I tried to activate it and got a connection to my pc no problem, but cant get data. Anybody else try it?
yeah it is..I tried it and it also connected but no data..its kinda silly thoug h sprint doesn't put an error message for it..I was at least hopping sprint would give a free trial for it or something >.>..oh well root tether it is :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic

donovanrs28 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hello, I just got mine yesterday and decided to test the application. My laptop not only see's the device, but also goes ONLINE. I did make sure I wasn't connected to my router and sure enough it was my phone providing the signal. I know for sure I don't have the $29.99 add-on, I checked my account. I don't know how it's possible, but I wont complain.

*Update*
I've found out it only works on 3g. Every time I click on 4g to connect it disconnects, as soon as Hotspot is off then 4g connects.

Last edited by donovanrs28; 09-22-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Adding More Information
Old 09-22-2010, 06:17 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovanrs28 View Post
Hello, I just got mine yesterday and decided to test the application. My laptop not only see's the device, but also goes ONLINE. I did make sure I wasn't connected to my router and sure enough it was my phone providing the signal. I know for sure I don't have the $29.99 add-on, I checked my account. I don't know how it's possible, but I wont complain.

*Update*
I've found out it only works on 3g. Every time I click on 4g to connect it disconnects, as soon as Hotspot is off then 4g connects.
I think there was a hotspot fix I07..though one thing..you are sure about using the hotspot app? they may charge you 30$ a month for it...there is a free alternative if you root.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:23 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

your bill will be charged to the guy using it "free" im using it free but its just cause sprint screwed me so they gave it to me for 3mnths.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G