PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 07:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
My Epic Just Made a Weird Sound?!?

so, I'm browsing the forum and all of the sudden I hear a sound from my device that sounds similar to a cpu fan or hard drive hard at work. it seemed to be coming from my screen because it would get a but louder and intensify when I did a gesture or taped the screen. this lasted for about a min or so then the epic was quiet as normal.

has anyone experienced this?

I didn't lose any functionality that I could tell...just the weird sound humming from the phone.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk Pro.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MOGUL, TP1, TP2, EVO, EPIC 4g

nadcicle20 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: My Epic Just Made a Weird Sound?!?

Sounds like your turbo spooling down after it was throttled hard.

Don't worry it happens all the time on these phones since they are so fast.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:07 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Never had this issue, there shouldn't be a part in the device that is capable of generating such a noise other then maybe something activated the haptic feedback or vibrate?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-10-2010, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Threadstarter

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
the hepatic and vibrate are both disabled. it wasn't that much of a vibration at all it was more the sound actually. and was definitely the screen area. I'm going to try and pay more attention to when it happens again

Old 10-10-2010, 11:54 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post
the hepatic and vibrate are both disabled. it wasn't that much of a vibration at all it was more the sound actually. and was definitely the screen area. I'm going to try and pay more attention to when it happens again

As far as I know the motor is the only movable mechanical part...there are no fans in the phone and there are no platters like on a disk..only thing is a motor. The screen is made of glass...
Old 10-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

not the same as your issue but sometimes when I get a notification it makes the weirdest sound that isn't even close to the sound I have set. almost like the phone its struggling to make sound
Old 10-10-2010, 07:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

not the same as your issue but sometimes when I get a notification it makes the weirdest sound that isn't even close to the sound I have set. almost like the phone its struggling to make sound
You mean static in the sound?
Old 10-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

can't tell if its static but its a muffled sound totally different in length and sound. once in a blue it happens.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

If it's what I'm thinking it is (since I've thought my laptop drive was failing), you are receiving tweets.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

oh, wait... my sound is super brief, but makes me think my hd is failing each and every single time.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G