PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   My Epic Just Made a Weird Sound?!? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135190)

KaliS 10-10-2010 07:40 AM

My Epic Just Made a Weird Sound?!?

so, I'm browsing the forum and all of the sudden I hear a sound from my device that sounds similar to a cpu fan or hard drive hard at work. it seemed to be coming from my screen because it would get a but louder and intensify when I did a gesture or taped the screen. this lasted for about a min or so then the epic was quiet as normal.

has anyone experienced this?

I didn't lose any functionality that I could tell...just the weird sound humming from the phone.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk Pro.

nadcicle20 10-10-2010 09:48 AM

Re: My Epic Just Made a Weird Sound?!?

Sounds like your turbo spooling down after it was throttled hard.

Don't worry it happens all the time on these phones since they are so fast.

gTen 10-10-2010 11:07 AM

Never had this issue, there shouldn't be a part in the device that is capable of generating such a noise other then maybe something activated the haptic feedback or vibrate?

KaliS 10-10-2010 11:26 AM

the hepatic and vibrate are both disabled. it wasn't that much of a vibration at all it was more the sound actually. and was definitely the screen area. I'm going to try and pay more attention to when it happens again

gTen 10-10-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaliS (Post 1970439)
the hepatic and vibrate are both disabled. it wasn't that much of a vibration at all it was more the sound actually. and was definitely the screen area. I'm going to try and pay more attention to when it happens again

As far as I know the motor is the only movable mechanical part...there are no fans in the phone and there are no platters like on a disk..only thing is a motor. The screen is made of glass...

dumpringz 10-10-2010 06:39 PM

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

not the same as your issue but sometimes when I get a notification it makes the weirdest sound that isn't even close to the sound I have set. almost like the phone its struggling to make sound

gTen 10-10-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumpringz (Post 1970643)
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

not the same as your issue but sometimes when I get a notification it makes the weirdest sound that isn't even close to the sound I have set. almost like the phone its struggling to make sound

You mean static in the sound?

dumpringz 10-10-2010 10:44 PM

can't tell if its static but its a muffled sound totally different in length and sound. once in a blue it happens.

revaaron 10-13-2010 01:06 PM

If it's what I'm thinking it is (since I've thought my laptop drive was failing), you are receiving tweets.

revaaron 10-13-2010 01:07 PM

oh, wait... my sound is super brief, but makes me think my hd is failing each and every single time.