PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 08:42 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
ok, i admit it. love words with friends but on this rom it keeps force closing. anyone else playing it and having that problem
If you can replicate this..do a logcat..that should help figure out the problem.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EPIC 4G
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

latinlover515 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: [ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
Inside voice...please

You will run into this type of thing from time to time with ANY ROM. Perhaps, if you provided more information about your problem, like is Journaling On or Off, just as an example, we could help you out a bit more. I'm sure we can help you but we'll need more information about your specific setup...
well iam not using journaling since i dont know what that is for. i have seein that term for the past 3 months but since iam not familiar with it then i dont play with it. all i did was go back to stock EB13 use master key as a root. then i went to the clockwork bootlader or what ever its called and clear data chache and davil 4 times each. shoot i even went to mount and store right there on master key boolader and format system data and cache. got out of there and rebooted master key again then i flashed the ROM. and it was working good for a day or 2 ontil crap hitted the fan yesterday. and we are talking about 2 epic doing the same thing almost at the same time. since i flashed both of them the same way on the same day. so i had to go back to stock EC05 on both and them and root again... i have been on stock again since yesterday...
Old 06-14-2011, 09:40 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinlover515 View Post
well iam not using journaling since i dont know what that is for. i have seein that term for the past 3 months but since iam not familiar with it then i dont play with it. all i did was go back to stock EB13 use master key as a root. then i went to the clockwork bootlader or what ever its called and clear data chache and davil 4 times each. shoot i even went to mount and store right there on master key boolader and format system data and cache. got out of there and rebooted master key again then i flashed the ROM. and it was working good for a day or 2 ontil crap hitted the fan yesterday. and we are talking about 2 epic doing the same thing almost at the same time. since i flashed both of them the same way on the same day. so i had to go back to stock EC05 on both and them and root again... i have been on stock again since yesterday...
Journaling refers to the Android operating system constantly saving what you are doing to the memory of the phone. Its a backup in case you suddenly lose power or your phone freezes to make sure you don't lose any data. Its a good idea in theory, but it slows down the phone. If we turn the journaling off it speeds up the phone, but leaves you at risk for losing data if your battery dies or your phone crashes. Honestly, the risk is minimal and unless you are working on the cure for cancer on your phone, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

As far as your install process goes, you need to wipe the user data, cache and dalvik AFTER running the Bonsai Master Key and BEFORE flashing the new ROM. That should clear up your problems. I have done this 3 times on my phone and now on the Epic I just bought for my wife and I have had no problems at all.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Journaling refers to the Android operating system constantly saving what you are doing to the memory of the phone. Its a backup in case you suddenly lose power or your phone freezes to make sure you don't lose any data. Its a good idea in theory, but it slows down the phone. If we turn the journaling off it speeds up the phone, but leaves you at risk for losing data if your battery dies or your phone crashes. Honestly, the risk is minimal and unless you are working on the cure for cancer on your phone, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

As far as your install process goes, you need to wipe the user data, cache and dalvik AFTER running the Bonsai Master Key and BEFORE flashing the new ROM. That should clear up your problems. I have done this 3 times on my phone and now on the Epic I just bought for my wife and I have had no problems at all.
wwell thats how i normally do before changing ROMS. i wipe all 3 3 or 4 times each then flash the ROM.. but when i installed the Bonsai ROM here is what i did.

1. clear data cache and dalvik 4 times each.
i2. went into mount and storage and format system data and cache 4 times each.
3. and the last step was flash the ROM.

i dont know if what i did was good or not... to me i did it right but hey if i missed something then i dont know..
Old 06-14-2011, 10:18 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
wwell thats how i normally do before changing ROMS. i wipe all 3 3 or 4 times each then flash the ROM.. but when i installed the Bonsai ROM here is what i did.

1. clear data cache and dalvik 4 times each.
i2. went into mount and storage and format system data and cache 4 times each.
3. and the last step was flash the ROM.

i dont know if what i did was good or not... to me i did it right but hey if i missed something then i dont know..
Did you start from stock EB13 or EC05? I have heard from several people that it works better if you are on EB13. Every time I have done it I have been on a clean, freshly Odin'ed EB13 and I have had no problems.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Did you start from stock EB13 or EC05? I have heard from several people that it works better if you are on EB13. Every time I have done it I have been on a clean, freshly Odin'ed EB13 and I have had no problems.

yes i rooted from stock virgin EB13 then installed bonsai master key as a root... i always had issues when rooting on EC05 stock ROM. i usually get some damn error like this:

busybox: /system/xbin/insmod: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/install: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/kbd_mode: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/kill: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/killall: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/ln: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/loadfont: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/loadkmap: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/ls: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/lsmod: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/md5sum: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/mkdir: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/mkpasswd: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/modinfo: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/modprobe: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/more: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/mount: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/mv: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/netstat: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/nohup: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/nslookup: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/openvt: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/pidof: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/ping: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/pipe_progress: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/printenv: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/ps: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/pscan: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/pwd: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/readlink: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/realpath: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/renice: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/reset: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/rev: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/rm: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/rmmod: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/route: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/setconsole: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/setkeycodes: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/setlogcons: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/sh: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/showkey: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/sleep: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/smemcap: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/sort: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/start-stop-daemon: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/stat: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/sum: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/sync: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/tail: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/tar: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/test: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/time: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/top: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/touch: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/tr: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/traceroute: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/true: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/tty: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/umount: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/uname: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/unix2dos: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/unxz: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/unzip: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/uptime: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/usleep: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/vi: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/wc: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/wget: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/which: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/who: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/whoami: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/xz: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/xzcat: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/zcat: No space left on device

and the list keeps going down.. now when ever i had rooted on stock EB13 i never get that error.. and by the way iam talking about the traditional one click root clockwork 3.0.0.6. i dont know if using bonsai master key as a root on stock EC05 ii will get the same error or not... i dont know if the space error its somethiing commmon on these Epics or not. i even made a thread about it not too long ago and nothing was said about it.. or i should say nobodyseems to have that issue. but in another forum i saw another guy wondering how to fix the same error. but not much was said about it eather..
Old 06-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

RandyT is keeping up the good workRandyT is keeping up the good work

Quote:
yes i rooted from stock virgin EB13 then installed bonsai master key as a root... i always had issues when rooting on EC05 stock ROM. i usually get some damn error like this:

busybox: /system/xbin/insmod: No space left on device
and the list keeps going down.. now when ever i had rooted on stock EB13 i never get that error.. and by the way iam talking about the traditional one click root clockwork 3.0.0.6. i dont know if using bonsai master key as a root on stock EC05 ii will get the same error or not... i dont know if the space error its somethiing commmon on these Epics or not. i even made a thread about it not too long ago and nothing was said about it.. or i should say nobodyseems to have that issue. but in another forum i saw another guy wondering how to fix the same error. but not much was said about it eather..
Are you using a .pit file when you flash back to stock? Sounds like partitions on the phone are not getting laid out properly. The MasterKey process doesn't really do anything differently in the root process, so I would expect the same results no matter which method you use to root the phone.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT View Post
Are you using a .pit file when you flash back to stock? Sounds like partitions on the phone are not getting laid out properly. The MasterKey process doesn't really do anything differently in the root process, so I would expect the same results no matter which method you use to root the phone.
Yes I do use a pit. well at leat the ones that came on the zip. i use the Odin 1.61 along with victory_8G_100528.pit that came on the same zip.. and for stock TAR file i use official SPH-D700-EC05-8gb-REL.tar. and normally everytime that I odin back to EC05 and try rooting with clockwork 2.5 or clockwork 3.0.0.6 i get that damn error. now if i just oding back to stock EB13 and try rooting using clockwork 2.5 or clockwork 3.0.0.6 i dont get that error.. so the question is why it does that? or how can i fix the phone partitions or what ever its causing this issue?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung

kennyglass is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
ok, i admit it. love words with friends but on this rom it keeps force closing. anyone else playing it and having that problem
Just poking my head in here as well. Bonsai is awesome! Been on it since 3.0.0.
Words with Friends is a little ticklish on ROMs that have even the slightest overclocking. I saw one dude say to force stop it then reopen it and to stop the tiles from shuffling constantly. As for the FC did you try clearing data in it?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung

kennyglass is a n00b

Quote:
Yes I do use a pit. well at leat the ones that came on the zip. i use the Odin 1.61 along with victory_8G_100528.pit that came on the same zip.. and for stock TAR file i use official SPH-D700-EC05-8gb-REL.tar. and normally everytime that I odin back to EC05 and try rooting with clockwork 2.5 or clockwork 3.0.0.6 i get that damn error. now if i just oding back to stock EB13 and try rooting using clockwork 2.5 or clockwork 3.0.0.6 i dont get that error.. so the question is why it does that? or how can i fix the phone partitions or what ever its causing this issue?
You need to delete Asphalt demo and HD game demo. You can try moving as many apps as possible to the SD card. The CWM 2.5 or 3.0.0.6 are supposed to delete Asphalt and make room. Are you running the run.bat from the directory you installed it in? EC05 has way too much bloatware in it and busybox has no room to install and do its thing.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development