PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Since using midNIGHT ROM, have you become more Autism Aware?
Yes. Keep up the good work. 66 94.29%
No. You need to focus a bit more on that. 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 07:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: sprint

l2yangop is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v4.0 (BYOR Edition) 2/24/2011

I have a strange issue that i haven't seen addressed. When I put in a calendar event, and hit save. it never appears on my calendar. It's as if i never entered it, but all my other events are in there and synching just fine. anyone else see this?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:34 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2yangop View Post
I have a strange issue that i haven't seen addressed. When I put in a calendar event, and hit save. it never appears on my calendar. It's as if i never entered it, but all my other events are in there and synching just fine. anyone else see this?
This used to happen to me. I realized that I was not putting it into the "right" calendar. Try going to calendar settings and make sure you have all the calendars are selected. My guess would be that either the "My Calendar" or your gmail calendar are not selected. Please get back to ma and let me know if that helped.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic $g
Carrier: Sprint

in354 is a n00b

I was running v3.3 prior to eb13 and it was very fast and fairly efficient on battery life. I only ran it for about 3 days then the official Froyo came out. When I first flashed eb13 it was pretty disappointing, so I was happy to see Midnight v4.0 come to life. I've got it running pretty much the same way I had 3.3 running. Froyo itself was VERY slow on my epic, but Midnight v4.1, while much faster than stock is still much slower and not as good with the battery as 3.3. Is there some difference between the two? I realize DK28 is not the official release but it seemed I had better performance from that.

I used odin to go directly to the full eb13 release, clockwork 2.x for the rooting, ran that until Midnight 4 came out and added cw 3.0.0.6 and started with that. I've had no problems that haven't already been reported, handcent fc's, stuff like that. Just generally slower and less battery life. I used Titanium to restore my data after manually adding my apps again. Used Titanium to freeze the DRM stuff, still manually do the airplane fix for TWS after every boot. I've got no services running that I don't expect. Have I missed something here. I kind of expected the speed of Midnight 3.3 and things like that. Even with everything turned off I still don't get close to the speed of 3.3 with all of my background apps running.

Not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing. I've run quadrant and realizing this probably isn't indicative of anything it's MUCH slower now.

With that said I'm going to stick with what I have because while slower it's pretty stable and it's a huge improvement over stock.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:01 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.22460/23.390; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Try starting over with stock EB13 and root with cwm3.0.0.6. I installed 4.0 over 3.3 and had lots of issues. When I odin'ed back to EB13 and did the EXT4 conversion to 4.0 it ran much faster and no fc's
Old 02-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Lurker

in354 is a n00b

Ok, I can do that. So this difference is speed isn't just my imagining it? I take it 4x should be as fast as 3.3?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:24 PM
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by in354 View Post
Ok, I can do that. So this difference is speed isn't just my imagining it? I take it 4x should be as fast as 3.3?
Yes. Another thing you can do is install setCPU and set the processor to run at 1.2 GHz.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Lurker

in354 is a n00b

already have setcpu set to 1.2 which is why I was wondering, my quantum scores are about 1500-1600 now, where before I was getting over 2000. But I have an app that any cpu lag causes problems that worked perfectly under 3.3 and is a bit slow under 4.x. Thanks. I'll rebuild again, making new backups as I type. Good thing the process is simple if not a bit time consuming. Only real problem restoring is rebuilding all the widgets.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:29 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by in354 View Post
already have setcpu set to 1.2 which is why I was wondering, my quantum scores are about 1500-1600 now, where before I was getting over 2000. But I have an app that any cpu lag causes problems that worked perfectly under 3.3 and is a bit slow under 4.x. Thanks. I'll rebuild again, making new backups as I type. Good thing the process is simple if not a bit time consuming. Only real problem restoring is rebuilding all the widgets.
Nothing you can really do about the widgets, but if that's all you have to do, its not really a big deal imo.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:48 AM
nous défions

Quantum scores are meaningless with EXT4. Just use it for a day or two and decide if you like how its running. If you don't like it you can always go back to 3.3. but use the new Genocide kernel no matter what you decide - it was built on the official Froyo source code and has a lot of the bug fixes built into it.

One other thing.....I used CWM3 to make a Nandroid backup, and then used it to restore data after flashing to 4.0. Worked great. No rebuilding widgets. It put everything back the way it was but on the new ROM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:37 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Yes. Another thing you can do is install setCPU and set the processor to run at 1.2 GHz.
also while using setcpu use "conservative"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development