PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.5(Froyo DK28) NEW base/Market SUPER FAST 12/12/10 (SEE 3rd Po

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
mykie,
just goto market and dl astro and your good and if you want swype apk i posted it in this thread plus i think op did, use paperclip if ya cant find it.
Thanks, but I just installed the My Files app from Clockwork.

I'm not so partial to Swype, I'd much rather have the Samsung Keyboard since its spacing and alternate keys are visible.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djfujiyama is just getting started
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.5(Froyo DK28) NEW base/Market SUPER FAST 12/12/10 (SEE 3rd Po

FYI -- if you use appbrain to restore all of your apps to a freshly wiped phone, this ROM won't work because appbrain is incompatible with the new android market. Anyone know how to uninstall the new market and install the old one?

Edit: I guess that's not correct. You just have to create a new list. Appbrain appears to be working now.

Last edited by djfujiyama; 12-15-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:31 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfujiyama View Post
FYI -- if you use appbrain to restore all of your apps to a freshly wiped phone, this ROM won't work because appbrain is incompatible with the new android market. Anyone know how to uninstall the new market and install the old one?
root manager or sdx app. appbrain blows btw
Attached Files
File Type: apk SdxAppRemoval-1.5.apk (22.6 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:56 AM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Great ROM op! Very smooth & responsive!

The only issue that I ran across so far is when trying to place a call... Sometimes it will not connect with the person that I am trying to call, so I have to hang up and re-dial then the connection is made. I have found this same issue on Vipers ROM as well. IDK -maybe it's a DK28 thing?! Anyway, keep up the great work bro & I look forward to future releases.

BTW - here's a snap shot of my homescreen - Thanks Again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg midNIGHT 01.jpg (7.4 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post

The only issue that I ran across so far is when trying to place a call... Sometimes it will not connect with the person that I am trying to call, so I have to hang up and re-dial then the connection is made. I have found this same issue on Vipers ROM as well. IDK -maybe it's a DK28 thing?! Anyway, keep up the great work bro & I look forward to future releases.

This is the only thing I've had a problem with on this ROM as well. It's very responsive, but often won't connect a call on the first try.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:52 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmohtac View Post
This is the only thing I've had a problem with on this ROM as well. It's very responsive, but often won't connect a call on the first try.
I have the same problem, and I also had it with Viper and Timberwolf ROMs. I know Samsung publicly recommended not using the DK28 leak - maybe this is why. It only happens to me once or twice a day, so its not a show stopper, and the rest of this ROM is so blazingly fast that one little glitch doesn't really bother me.

BTW if anyone is interested I made a custom sig banner for this ROM that's linked back to the first post in this thread. If you want it PM me and I'll send you the BBcode. Let's give ptfdmedic some advertising.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:48 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Talking Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.6(Froyo DK28) Apps moved to data 12/15/2010

New ROM is up guys. I tried to listen to everyone's biggest complaints. I removed the Android keyboard and replaced it with the Samsung keyboard. Also moved launcher pro to DATA. Now you have a choice between Stock and Launcher Pro on first boot. I also added Astro file explorer to the data folder as well. LauncherPro and Astro are both uninstallable.

Check out the OP for details. Also please FOLLOW THE NEW INSTRUCTIONS in the first post.

Also the issue with the dialer people are talking about seems to be a Froyo thing. I haven't experienced it myself but I have heard of others on other ROMs having the same issue.....

Thanks for the support. Also barring a major Froyo Base update or show stopping bug in this build (which I haven't experienced) this might be the last update until after my sons surgery on the 20th....

Thanks again for all the support and to Johnny for the sweet Banner....
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:15 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.6(Froyo DK28) Clockwork returns/Apps moved to data 12/15/2010

Thanks for the update. I'll flash it tomorrow morning with my coffee. Good luck with your son's surgery.

I have attached the banner for anyone who want it. Open the .txt file and copy and paste it into your signature in UserCP.
Attached Files
File Type: txt midnight rom bbcode.txt (222 Bytes, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 12-16-2010 at 11:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.6(Froyo DK28) New Goodies (FIXED AOSP LOCKSCREEN) 12/15/2010

...I was thinking about flashing here from the original DK28 2.2.1 but I wanted to ask first:

Can one tell me what significant (or noticeable) modifications were made to this "kernel" rom other than the Theme compared to the original Official "Unofficial" DK28 2.2.1 Stock Beta rom?

2nd question.. does the hot spot work right out the box?
Old 12-15-2010, 01:49 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.6(Froyo DK28) New Goodies (FIXED AOSP LOCKSCREEN) 12/15/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
...I was thinking about flashing here from the original DK28 2.2.1 but I wanted to ask first:

Can one tell me what significant (or noticeable) modifications were made to this "kernel" rom other than the Theme compared to the original Official "Unofficial" DK28 2.2.1 Stock Beta rom?

2nd question.. does the hot spot work right out the box?
well kernel is better by how much not really sure cause we all use phones different and indoors alot but my battery life on this rom is best i have had of the dk28 builds. stock dk28 blows imo with all the bloatware and samsung does not tweak files ect like cooks do so the pluses using this dk28 over stock are 10x. yes hotspot is there and works.

to the op and everybody having call/connect issues it is a dk28 issue not the rom but (always a but) i have not had one all day on updated rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development