PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   [ROM][BETA] Froyo DJ29 leak, deodexed, zipaligned and pre-rooted (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136812)

decalex 11-16-2010 11:44 PM

Re: [ROM][BETA] Froyo DJ29 leak, deodexed, zipaligned and pre-rooted

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the SDX Stock App Removal tool -v1.5, if anyone was looking for it. It's really easy to use -- been using it to get rid of the bloatware & DRM apks (3 DRM's total), or anything in /system, and I haven't had any problems. It gives you options to Backup, delete and restore. --just as an alternative to startup auditors, and other adbish methods.

Yes, it does require root.

youngblack 11-17-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decalex (Post 1997027)
here's the sdx stock app removal tool -v1.5, if anyone was looking for it. It's really easy to use -- been using it to get rid of the bloatware & drm apks (3 drm's total), or anything in /system, and i haven't had any problems. It gives you options to backup, delete and restore. --just as an alternative to startup auditors, and other adbish methods.

Yes, it does require root.

thank you

youngblack 11-17-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireballmonkey (Post 1995114)
I'm currently sitting at 70% after 16 hours, without Juice Defender. Actually, just like some other people, I had Juice Defender installed but my battery life got better after removing it.

The one thing that made the biggest difference for me was blocking the DRM service from starting. After doing that, my battery life went from about 6-7 hours to about 20-30 hours. I also rooted and deleted several of the annoying stock Sprint apps, but I don't know if that really made any difference.

Nice to know... this is becoming a "battery talk" thread.. should we move all this to the Official one? LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1995069)
just want people to know its not all that and im oc'd getting 16hrs of moderate use.

yep, love the app since you posted link.

What rom were you using? Did I say juice defender performed well for me on 2.1, This froyo upgrade didn't give in the same results... so what rom were you testing on?

Be careful watch out for apps that mess up the phone's APN. Xda... is anything but the ordinary because how they make their apps specifically for cdma based phones. I believe the XDA lack resources for cdma because it's a gsm based forum.

I learned of this when I accidentally installed the wrong rom on the original HTC TOUCH PRO about 2 years ago. XDA was no place for cdma roms... But that might have changed now. I got my roms from smartphonejunkies. So I'd sit this one out until it comes out of beta. Because last time I checked, I installed some battery app on the epic it literately corrupted my internet connection...Juice Defender didn't do this.

Tried every other solution (airplane, data disable/renable, reboot, factory wipe) none worked except reinstalling the same rom to restore my connection thankfully, and I learned that I probably didn't need to do perform a factory wipe. Bummer!
oc'd?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1994898)
Did you check out chainfire's SuperPower?

No not yet... But I'm on it. EDIT: I DON'T RECOMMEND SuperPower. Period!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1995137)
Apperantly they now have a DK05 beta rom which they aren't releasing >.> lol (assuming its real and noob is not playing again)

For those not familiar with Samsungs system..DJ29 and DK05 would mean that the beta is 7 days older..

Assuming J is October..K would be november..so DJ29=Oct 29th...DK05 would be Nov 05

DK05? there's another leaked build of froyo out? WTF?! Quit Playing with me! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1995410)
I agree as you know....juice is garbage....drop that other power app you are talking about.....have not seen it...thx bro

Easiest way is grab startup auditor from the market and diasble DRM Protected Content Storage....this is what I do....

or you can go into running processes and shut it down also....but you have to do that after every restart....settings/applications/running services/look for drm.............

also you can remove it completely.....but I do not reommend this as some media apps require it....if you want to though look over at xda there is a thread dedicated to it....

btw long time no see....dont think i have seen ya since tp1 days....

THANK YOU, WHAT APP WOULD REQUIRE DRM..? If it's the Market app then I guess I would rather disable automatic start up than removing it... Is there a method for that?

Some apps I believe Google Talk (and I tried freezing it to test before removing it with Titanic Backup) is required by Market app. THAT'S CRAZY. I don't even use Google Talk. That's just EVIL...!

EDIT: Also note that HiSurfing is free app that acts like a firewall. you can set firewall rules for each app installed including stock apps. What if I just block DRM on either Wifi and 3G or both... would that help as opposed to
disabling the DRM...? I think DRM still runs in the background but so far I noticed that a battery drain has decreased at some point using HiSurfing.

This way I don't need to edit scripts or do anything else. If I need to use DRM again then I simply disable the firewall.

youngblack 11-17-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsme420 (Post 1995965)

Anyone know a good app to lock the physical keys (Camera) while the phone is in sleep?

Did you try Widget Locker?

darren.wlsn1 11-17-2010 09:56 PM

youngblack, most of the stuff were posting might be from xda but its not gsm specific but just the opposite and from the epic4g forum which is cdma. superpower app works just fine if you know how to use it and its been working for me and lots of other cdma users. i dont agree with most of your last 6 posts and juice defender is a waste of time.

youngblack 11-18-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1997842)
youngblack, most of the stuff were posting might be from xda but its not gsm specific but just the opposite and from the epic4g forum which is cdma. superpower app works just fine if you know how to use it and its been working for me and lots of other cdma users. i dont agree with most of your last 6 posts and juice defender is a waste of time.

From the looks of it. Super Power seems dead simple easier to use than Juice Defender. You have to be a noob to know how to make it work for you. The reverse is not the same. With Juice Defender... you have to be an expert to make it work for you the reverse is not the same. for instance.. when I installed Super Power and it says it wants to install Sidekick... then i downloaded it now says stuck at "patching...." i need to know damn well what the app is doing to my phone.. only an expert would know... but that's not for me.

Lsme420 11-18-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngblack (Post 1997426)

Will it lock the camera button?

youngblack 11-18-2010 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsme420 (Post 1998007)
Will it lock the camera button?

Not exactly sure what you're trying to do.. If your phone is sleeping (assuming you have to unlock it first to be able use it) should have locked your camera button as well.

Lsme420 11-18-2010 04:26 AM

Hey darren.wlsn1/anyone do you think if I was to disable the came button by

"/system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl

putting a # infront of the line with "key 212 CAMERA"
#key 212 CAMERA"

would it still work in Clockwork? Does clock work act like Bios?, load before the system?
Would that be the correct edit to do it?

darren.wlsn1 11-18-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngblack (Post 1997426)

not the widget, the camera button on side of phone.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsme420 (Post 1998062)
Hey darren.wlsn1/anyone do you think if I was to disable the came button by

"/system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl

putting a # infront of the line with "key 212 CAMERA"
#key 212 CAMERA"

would it still work in Clockwork? Does clock work act like Bios?, load before the system?
Would that be the correct edit to do it?

no clue but when screens off camera button does nothing so i guess im not sure what your trying to do? look in market for "quick lock" its free and may help but like i said im not really sure what your after.