PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Protector Reviews

This post has been officially Hijacked by gTen..send all hate tells to him (not wideawake cause then he might get in trouble >.>). anyways...

Post your review of the screen protector you tried in this post, then go to the below Wiki Page and add a link to your review in the wiki. This will help others trying to view a 100 page thread and actually find what they are looking for amongst a large discussion and etc.

Wiki:

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...een_Protectors

Format:

Code:
==[Brand Name]==

[Device] - [Rating of 1-10 with 10 being best] - http://....
Example:

Code:
==StealthGuards==

Epic 4G - 3 - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1942506-post2.html
Vibrant - 3 - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1942506-post2.html
Captivate - 3 - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1942506-post2.html
Fascinate - 3 - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1942506-post2.html
Remember..place your review underneath the one above you for the brand...if you don't see the brand feel free to add it yourself.

------ Original Message ------------------------------

WooHoo im the first to post in here.. lol , Anyway.. lets start up an All-in-one Review thread of all the cases and skins for this phone. Please include links to where they can be purchased as well.. I for one am looking for some sort of protection so this thread would help me greatly.

Last edited by gTen; 09-24-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Protection Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
WooHoo im the first to post in here.. lol , Anyway.. lets start up an All-in-one Review thread of all the cases and skins for this phone. Please include links to where they can be purchased as well.. I for one am looking for some sort of protection so this thread would help me greatly.
Copy cat >.> lol

I'm getting a Stealth Guard..I never tried it before and I expect it to be crap considering the price..but..its free and only pay shipping for a total of $2-$3 for a full boy..so I figure why not...

Samsung Epic 4G Full Body Protection - Cell Phones

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I just got the Stealthgaurd and here is my review...

Overall I think it is ok..mostly for the price..nothing special but nothing bad, it would definitely protect agaisnt say scratches as i tried to cut it with keys and no problem...EXCEPT I have 2 issues with it:

1) It is not meant for Super AMOLED..I put it on an LCD and it looks Ok just to make sure I wasn't imagining thing...but on Super AMOLED it transforms my new Plasma TV into one of those first color TVS with color static flying over the screen..and ITS REALLY BAD...

2) For a full body cover...it doesn't cover..the full body ..in specifically the top and bottom.

Oh and it came to me in an envelope...lol..they charge me 2.85 for shipping on a 40 cents stamp and a 2 cent envelope >.> lol

So in the end I will use the body part I guess but the screen can't :/

Also for the record, the screen is a sticky/glue type but even if you wash it with water the glue would not wear off..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 10-03-2010 at 05:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:07 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

i hate full body protection. im getting the stealthgardz too because it was basically free. currently im using the sprint protectors. i dont hate them as everyone else seems to. i know they dont cover the full front, just the 4 in screen, but it works. i cant even see it. it does give the screen the rainbow effect, but i knew it would when i bought them as they are privacy and anti glare. ill also give a short review of the stealthgardz when i get em.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:29 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i hate full body protection. im getting the stealthgardz too because it was basically free. currently im using the sprint protectors. i dont hate them as everyone else seems to. i know they dont cover the full front, just the 4 in screen, but it works. i cant even see it. it does give the screen the rainbow effect, but i knew it would when i bought them as they are privacy and anti glare. ill also give a short review of the stealthgardz when i get em.
I've used ht e sprint protector on my TP2 cause it was free and I had no problem with it lol..this time around sprint didn't give one :/...I get screen protectors mostly cause they are easier to clean and if anything I can throw the protector out..its kinda like a dirt protector for me lol (in this case even more cause we got gorilla glass this time around)
Old 09-12-2010, 04:01 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I took this from another topic - the direct link is here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/samsung-ga...or-tips-4.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartinez2 View Post
I've tried 3 screen protectors. Of course I too like many others used the sprint screen protector for the first week until I could find THE ONE. Anyway after looking at hundreds I narrowed it down to Skinomi. WORST DECISION EVER!!!! The description and some initial reviews got me to think this was the best. When I applied it, it was evident it was a hair too long and thus it began to peel off after about a day of use. They do offer "lifetime replacements" but you have to pay shipping and its just not worth it to be honest. So a friend had the Tmobile version of SGS and he ended up buying what was the number 2 on my list Realook. I didnt even know the screen protector was on his phone until he told me and i had to look close and still examine it for a few minutes before being convinced there was a screen protector on it. I purchased some for the Epic and its amazing. There's absolutely no way of knowing its there. The screen is not dulled by it at all and it covers the entire screen so perfectly that the hardest thing will likely be finding where to take this off if ever needed to do so. 100 percent get this screen protector for your phone!
I am going to try out the Realook.

As far as cases go, I picked up the Sprint OEM hard case with the rubberized exterior and I absolutely love it. I'm sure there are others out there that have a slimmer design, but this one work perfectly and provides a great deal of protection (I've already dropped it once!). You should be able to pick one up at any Sprint store for abut $20.00.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:30 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Copy cat >.> lol

I'm getting a Stealth Guard..I never tried it before and I expect it to be crap considering the price..but..its free and only pay shipping for a total of $2-$3 for a full boy..so I figure why not...

Samsung Epic 4G Full Body Protection - Cell Phones

*Reserved for my review*

well hell for 3 bucks.....immma try it also....thx for the link!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:48 AM
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Update on the Sprint OEM hard case...

After using it for 2 weeks now I can honestly say that is is worth buying. I bought the same OEM hard case for my TP2 and I returned it in 2 days because it was impossible to remove. This one has no such problem. The back cover is very simple to remove and I don't have that "am I going to break one of the tabs off this time?" feeling when I open it. Once its on it is very secure and the rubberized exterior keeps it from sliding around the center arm rest of my truck while I am driving.

Good construction, good functionality, and it looks nice too.

And just in case you don't want to drive down to the Sprint store, here is the link to buy one online:

Sprint - All Accessories
Old 09-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

i cant remove the top half of the sprint case without getting nervous something is gonna break .. any ideas ?
Old 09-16-2010, 03:47 PM
nous défions

There are 4 tabs on the front cover on the sides right next to the corners. Place your thumbnail right on one of the tabs and pry it open, then go to the next. By the time you pop the 3rd one open, the cover should come right off with no problem.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

thanks ... easy part was along the power & camera button sides. not so much elsewhere but got it off

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories