PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Bargain Trader > Sold/Inactive Items
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 11:32 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: WTB: 10" Tablet, NO iPADs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
spec wise what do u think about the TouchPad?
I think you can answer this question better then me..I mean the specs are pretty much same as an EVO3D...

Overal though all tablets are either single core or tegra 2..so there isnt much choice in specs...until of course samsung releases that Exynoss tablet..but thats already next gen of tablets..and we probably should be seeing quad-core tablets soon too..

Quote:
sounds like I wouldn't be interested in a viewsonic
Well as I said its a love/hate relationship..we have nvidia drivers for Froyo just not for honeycomb..otherwise we have things like CM7 and etc..its hard for me to say how things will go because rememebr honeycomb is closed source so its harder to port and get drivers..hence the hope is ICS...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hello there Gten and OMJ.

I have both viewsonic and a tp so I will give you pros and cons on both.

Viewsonic is fun little machine when it works.

Company denies it's existence and won't help devs in any way and won't offer any support. Won't release any drivers even though they will say after market roms wil enhance the performance of the tablet. It comes broken straight outside the box actually. LCD is ok but has a horrible viewing angle. Easily over clock-able and there are alot of roms out for it to tickle your fancy. (although it has diminished quite a bit last couple of months)

After trying everything, I just run froyo for both software & hardware acceleration. (OCed to 1.5ghz)
Hard time playing big videos btw.

Touchpad

1.2 ghz dual core is under-clocked for battery consumption. (so i heard..)
I have mine oced at 1.5 ghz and it's noticeably faster without much difference to the battery. All the basic things that it's supposed to, it does very well.
It's bit heavy but it's packed with features.
I'm a big fan of android OS and was waiting for it to come to TP but at this moment, I don't really care. Web OS is surprisingly nice.

If any questions, let me know.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:10 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

using this comparison, I'm looking at all 10" tabs.....question is, having the same cpu, what sets them apart?

Tablet comparison | Tablet pc comparison 2011

maybe I'll work some OT to justify spending more to get something decent
Old 09-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have played around with acer and it's really nice.

Screen was crisp and was on toe to toe with the xoom. Basically same spec but with little more perk here and there.

If you can find it cheap, it would be the way to go since it's native honeycomb and dual core cpu. Display is nice too.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:37 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

reading alot of good things about the eee pad transformer, ranked better than acer & xoom.

Target has it on sale today for $299 online only...

Target:Asus Eee Pad Transformer 10.1" Android Tablet ...

and of course I missed the boat....
Old 09-26-2011, 03:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
reading alot of good things about the eee pad transformer, ranked better than acer & xoom.

Target has it on sale today for $299 online only...

Target:Asus Eee Pad Transformer 10.1" Android Tablet ...

and of course I missed the boat....
Transform and Galaxy Tab 10.1 are prob the most popular ones lol

Difference is in screen resolution, available accessories, LCD quality, support..otherwise they are same thing...next gen tablets will be more unique..

oh, Galaxy Tab 10.1 has touchwiz for international users for those into custom ui's on top of honeycomb...

How much time do you have to decide? I hear Amazon is gonna release a tablet and my guess it will be priced comeptively..
Old 09-26-2011, 03:59 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Transform and Galaxy Tab 10.1 are prob the most popular ones lol

Difference is in screen resolution, available accessories, LCD quality, support..otherwise they are same thing...next gen tablets will be more unique..

oh, Galaxy Tab 10.1 has touchwiz for international users for those into custom ui's on top of honeycomb...

How much time do you have to decide? I hear Amazon is gonna release a tablet and my guess it will be priced comeptively..
not really in a rush....dont really need one, but want a new toy I'll wait to see how much the Amazon tab will be
Old 09-26-2011, 04:39 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

RE: Amazon Tab.....already dont like the sound of it....

5 Things We Know About Amazon's Kindle Tablet - Personal-tech - Tablets - Informationweek
Old 09-27-2011, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Long Live the TP2!
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

alohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I recently got the Acer and I absolutely love it. The standard USB port is a deal-braker for me. I can use external hard drives, keyboards, you name it!

The release of the Kindle tablet will also create a more competitive market among existing and future tablets. I personally believe fair price for any tablet should be between $200 and $300, depending on features, quality, etc. I was able to get in on a recent super deal (Amazon) and paid $210. I believe that price point is reasonable for the product, I can see it becoming a frequent discount price in the near future.

Bottom line: I think your patience will be rewarded

If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving isn't for you.

Last edited by alohanela; 09-27-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Well on bright side ZTE showed a reference design for a Quad-Core Tablet...so we should see those soon too..
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Bargain Trader > Sold/Inactive Items