PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Bargain Trader > Sold/Inactive Items
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"
Carrier: Sprint

matt314159 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FS: Sprint HTC "Snap" - $25

Hey Folks, I've got a real piece of crap to sell you today. But hey, the price is right.

In September 2009, I bought this SNAP at the sprint store and renewed my SERO plan. Took it right home and loaded the 3volution series ROM onto it.

November 10, 2009, I noticed out of the blue that there was a broken spot on the screen about the size of a dime. Really made the phone hard to use, so I switched back to my Touch Diamond. At the time I was unable to find a replacement screen.

Fast forward to March 2010, I found a seller on eBay who sold me a screen for $35, and I carefully replaced the screen and reactivated the phone. However, I noticed that after just a couple weeks of using it, I'd get memory errors and have to hard reset.

I went over to xda and picked up the newest ROM version and tried to load onto this phone, and it got up to 71% and then crashed, saying "Flash Write Error". Could never get it to complete the flash.

NOW, it won't even boot. It shows the windows graphic for that particular ROM and hangs there for hours and hours. Multiple hard-resets don't work. Forcing bootloader and trying to update via USB gets nowhere (hangs at 0%).

to top that off, the new screen now has a little cluster of cracks! See photos.

Bottom line this phone is a piece of crap and I want it gone. I think it can probably be saved as far as the ROM goes, but you'll want to replace the screen at some point, though it is still "usable", just not pretty. It is sold 110% AS-IS. I have tried my best to describe it accurately, but I will not take this phone back for any reason, no refunds!

Also, looks like the moisture detector somehow got a little wet, though I can't imagine when that happened.

I purposely took photos that make this thing look as bad as possible...for instance the screen looks HORRIBLY scratched up in the photo, but to the naked eye under normal light, I'd say overall the phone looks more like an 8/10. But I want to keep expectations low.

I'm asking $25, shipped via 1st class mail. Payment via paypal only, and as long as rules don't prohibit this, BUYER pays the paypal fees. Comes with Phone, Good Battery, and back-plate only. You'll need your own charging cables, etc.

I've since switched to the Treo Pro and haven't looked back. In fact that's about the nicest phone I've ever had, like it even more than my old touch diamond.

Since I don't have that many posts here, if you want to check me out, I'm a moderator at howardforums.com with over 7500 posts, here's my profile over there: http://www.howardforums.com/member.php?u=428574 feel free to contact me over there to confirm my identity.

If you need additional pictures feel free to ask. Hopefully this will be useful to someone on here.

*edit* btw the ESN is clean, ready to be activated with Sprint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snap2.jpg (166.7 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Snap1.jpg (523.3 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Snap3.jpg (203.9 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Snap4.jpg (162.9 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Snap5.jpg (186.9 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Snap6.jpg (354.5 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Snap8.jpg (207.8 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Snap9.jpg (350.7 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by matt314159; 05-26-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

matt314159 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: FS: Sprint HTC "Snap" - $25

Man, nobody's jumping on this craptastic phone? If you think the price is too high, I'm willing to consider best offers. Probably best sold to someone who just wants a SNAP to run tests on or whatever.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:13 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: FS: Sprint HTC "Snap" - $25

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
Man, nobody's jumping on this craptastic phone? If you think the price is too high, I'm willing to consider best offers. Probably best sold to someone who just wants a SNAP to run tests on or whatever.
ill bump ya just cause your honest and funny as hell. craptastic isnt on the sprint website is it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Bargain Trader > Sold/Inactive Items