PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Bargain Trader > Sold/Inactive Items
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[WTT] [Trade] [Laptop for Phone] [HP] [EvO]

Hello all,
As some of you know, I will be getting the EvO come release date. I was hoping to get one for a friend as well, and just figured out how to do it. I have a HP Pavilion Laptop in my possession. The laptop was given to me by a friend who got fed up with it not working. However, he's a doctor and always keeps all his hard drives, so I had to purchase a new harddrive for this computer. The reason I bring this up is because I don't have a recovery partition anymore since it is a new harddrive. For those that don't know, most computers ship with a recovery partition on the harddrive, which allows you to restore the computer back to factory settings, this includes software and operating system. In this case, the recovery partition also has the software for QuickPlay.

Specs: HP Pavilion DV9000
AMD 1.7GHz Duel Core
1GB of RAM
250GB *NEW* WD Blue Harddrive
DVD+RW DL (Duel Layer) CDRW
1.3 MP Webcam
Onboard Wifi + Bluetooth + Infrared
4 USB Slots
5 in 1 card reader (SD-MS/Pro-MMC/XD)

The laptop shows normal signs of wear, and works properly. For those that might be wondering, I am a certified A+ Technician (Just took the 701 and 702). The laptop shipped with Windows Vista, since I hate Vista and don't have any more unused Windows 7 CD keys, I put XP back on. Passes validation and updated though Windows Update to SP3. The only thing that I could not get working was the quickplay, when I had Windows Vista on it worked fine.

Condition of the battery is not really known, it does hold a charge for longer the 5 minutes, but the previous owner said it didn't last so long. I have not tested it. Good news for you, I do think (no promises) that this laptop battery is covered under HP's recall. I will not be perusing it, but it you buy it you may want to look into this.

I will take a Sprint EvO 4G with clean ESN in exchange for this laptop + power cord (nothing else is included). I will also take $350 if you do not have one. The EvO does not need to be new, but it does need to come with everything in the box. It also needs to be in near perfect condition, i.e. no scratches on the screen.

Thanks for looking! Pics taken with my TP2.

Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.

Last edited by MordyT; 05-21-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Re: [WTT] [Trade] [Laptop for Phone] [HP] [EvO]

Old 05-21-2010, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i used that same feller to bump my posts lol, fair price too, good luck

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 05-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
i used that same feller to bump my posts lol, fair price too, good luck
LOL, i think i found him in one of your posts and was like "hey, i need that..."
Thanks!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Hmm..I think you may be a bit pushing it...right now you can get similar specs for 300$-400$ brand new/ referb

example:

http://www.frys.com/product/6172279 (300$ referb same specs)

Also HP laptops are not known for their build quality...(i had 2 fail 1 year 3 month after warranty lol)

Its just that laptop prices have fallen really low lately (prob due to intro of the netbooks)

Oh and if you want delete this thread just wanted to explain the above. Not trying to be a jerk or anything...
Hey, thanks for the feedback. I am assuming someone will come along, buy an EvO on contract, not like it, so he will trade the thing he bought for 199 for a laptop. so in essence I am asking $199 in the form of a EvO.

But you do have a point, as such, consider the cash price for this laptop to be halfway - $350 instead of $450.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

A message from Mr Bump.

"The phone is released, find out who hates it and trade them"
Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

closed due to owner of thread leaving site.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 06-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

I also want to add this laptop is on a recall list and will fail if it hasn't already started.

never touch a DV6000 or 9000 AMD system as they all fail shortly after the "recall extended warranty"

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Bargain Trader > Sold/Inactive Items