PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 07:55 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.14572 AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Well at this point if verizon bought sprint they would at least fix the network. But im all for user choice.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Verizon doubling data caps tomorrow on plans.

Yea because sprint isn't doing shit about it even after all the dozens of complaints in their forums over it.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

MrPants20 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to MrPants20

Seriously
Old 12-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Anyone else take them up on this deal? Curious to here from people that are interested in staying on topic.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Still using unlimited here... but I am happy Verizon is taking steps to please their customers!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mobile
Carrier: black

tom_hanks is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

These days, smartphone data plans seem to be getting more and more restricted. Sprint Nextel Corp. (S) killed unlimited tethering and rolled out the most expensive tethering plans on the market for new customers. Verizon Wireless, a joint venture between Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) and Vodafone Group Plc. (LON:VOD), and AT&T Inc. (T) both killed their unlimited data plans, replacing them with expensive metered plans [1][2]. Even Deutsche Telekom AG's (ETRTE) T-Mobile USA has smacked users with a cap, though it at least merely throttles over-cap users, offering no fines for exceeding your cap.

That's why it's refreshing to see a bit of movement -- even if merely temporary -- in the other direction.

Verizon Wireless is reportedly preparing to offer a double data Christmas special. Customers who buy a new 4G smartphone will be eligible to get twice the normal data. $30 USD/month buys you a doubled 2GB (4GB), $50 USD gets you 10GB and $80 USD gets you 20GB of total LTE usage.

Now the sort of bad news is that apparently you have to specially request this deal and it’s going to be a very short-term promotion. And the possibly very bad news is that this may be a bait-and-switch -- Verizon has offered no promises of grandfathering new enrollees at the elevated rates for the remainder of their plans. In other words, this double data bonanza may only last a couple months, at which time the standard caps may roll in.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

My Experience with Verizon, is that they have the best network in my market, and they know it. They play on the uneducated consumer, and use a marketing technique of bait and switch. I remember a few years back they promoted that you could switch to any plan at any time. Then without any warning, they pulled it. I tried to change plans and I was told no, there would be a charge. I pitched a fit and they gave it, but I had to quote them their own adverizements and all that.

They are notorious for changing terms. They do not sell accessories to non-customers, and will get angry at the stores if you try. I once tried to return an item during the holiday extended return season. They denied it. I got so angry, I walked away. I then read the back of the receipt, and realized that they HAD to take it back. I walked back, showed him the text, and he took it back no problem. Goes to prove that they can do more for the customers, but the policy is, whatever you can get away with, do it to the customer to increase revenue.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News