PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 08:57 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Class 4 32GB Kingston Micro SD cards... only $84!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely REAL!!!!

i felt like this should get a front page write up... I know we dont do products that often, but we have done it before.. ie Zagg, the 9.99 VideoOut cable for TP1 and 2..

Sandisks 32gb card is $199 from them.. Verizon sells it at $100.. all those are class 2 only..

Kingston just released theirs a few weeks ago i heard...

Class 4: $84 - IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!
Class 6: $124 -out of stock
Class 10: $105 -out of stock

i figured with all the new phones that want big storage: EVO, Epic and all Galaxy Series, Droid X, Droid 2, and even HD2, Incredible, and TP2 would ALL be interested in this.. so i was hoping to get one of you to write up a paragraph and front page it...

this is a hell of a deal.. its real and straight from Kingston even.. shop.kingston.com - Memory for your Desktop, Server, Workstation, Notebook, PDA, MP3 Player, Printer, Router and more.

** No i didnt add the MJ thing.. must be a free gift included with purchase or something lol**
Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Class 4 32GB Kingston Micro SD cards... only $84!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely REAL!!!!

Your link isn't correct, it was the link to your own shopping basket.

Here is the correct link straight to the product page on Kingston:

Kingston Technology Company - Kingston Memory Search - Search Results for: SD4/32GB

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Class 4 32GB Kingston Micro SD cards... only $84!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely REAL!!!!

Ok maybe its just me, I had a ruff night last night but aren't those just SD cards and not MicroSD cards?

Old 09-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

this is a regular SD card?
Old 09-29-2010, 02:11 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

although this thread is an epic fail, the news is semi true. there is no link to the 32 GB micro sd card because kingston has begun shipping them to retailers like electronics stores. they are not available to buy directly from kingston yet. i dont think they will be priced at 84 dollars, or be available in any different classes better than 2.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I do thank you for sharing bored but those are only SD cards as stated above. I'm not so sure that would be a useful news article for mobile devices....

Maybe you thought it was micro SD?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 09-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

Meanwhile... Price for SanDisk 32GB microSDHC dropped below $100, now in low $90s:

Amazon.com: SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card (Bulk Package): Electronics

Only class 2, but that's no problem for me with music. My 16 gigger is class 2, and songs load onto it in a fraction of a second. The other day I copied a folder containing a dozen song files (about 6 MB each). They loaded to the card in just under 4 seconds!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

<Meanwhile... Price for SanDisk 32GB microSDHC dropped below $100, now in low $90s>

Great find, MrGoodtunes! I just ordered one. Should fit whatever phone I get when it's time to upgrade in November and keep my TP humming in the meantime. My 16G card died last week and I was limping along on an old 8G. Thanks here and clicked.

Last edited by WanderingMinstrel; 10-01-2010 at 04:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:37 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

totally my bad guys, i couldve swore i was in the right section when i found those..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post

Only class 2, but that's no problem for me with music. My 16 gigger is class 2, and songs load onto it in a fraction of a second. The other day I copied a folder containing a dozen song files (about 6 MB each). They loaded to the card in just under 4 seconds!
i too have a Class 2 16gb card and the suck ass... i had 5gbs of music and about 15 full movies and had to transfer over and it took about an hour... Im almost dreading when i finally buy a 32gb card and have to transfer over the 12GBS that are currently on my current card... Im totally wishing i wouldve seen Kingstons Class 10, 16GB card before i bougght mine from the shack.. I spent my EVO pre-order gift card on it, so my choice was whatever Radio Shack carried.. but i still wish i wouldve spent it otherwise..

everytime i have to transfer movies, i regret having a Class 2 card.. movies range from 250mb(formatted for phone) or uptp 4.7GB for a BR or HD Rip.. the transfer time-sucks!!!

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 10-02-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
...transfer time-sucks!!!
Occasionally, XP has failed to recognize my microSDHC card as being capable of USB v2, like when I first got my 16 gig and started loading it up. Soon as I saw how slow it was going, I hit 'Cancel' and played with some settings. Can't recall what all I did, but ever since then, transfers have been really fast. One that I do remember is at:

My Computer > right click any letter'd drive > Properties

Then highlight Generic USB Storage Device, and click 'Properties' button. Under the 'Policies' tab, there are 2 choices. I changed mine to Optimize for quick removal. The other choice, for performance, sounds better. But it requires hitting the safe removal icon in system tray (right side of task bar, by clock) before taking out USB drive w/card. And you have to reboot in order to use the drive again! Maybe it was something about switching policies that caused the driver to begin delivering at full speed? Or it could have been a result of my having named the drive when re-formatting the card, which I did to sort of abort/undo the initial slow transfer because some files had saved to card. After rebooting desktop PC and plugging in USB drive w/card, XP recognized and showed the drive name I gave it. Since then, transfer speed has been excellent. So I keep using the same little USB drive in the same socket every time.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News