PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 12:58 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Massive iPhone flaw revealed - with video

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
saw the fix posted on google search.
those would help if you could also touch the screen at the same time with a gloved hand!

Old 06-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You just sort of pretend you're the reincarnation of Michael Jackson, and only use ONE glove, on the hand you hold iPhone in. Leave other hand gloveless so touches work.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:59 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Actually if I had the phone I would get a case anyway because I wouldn't trust my butterfingers to keep it into my hands.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:49 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

today they announced that it doesnt matter if the bars drop, the high bars were just an illusion anyway.

Apple said that's the reason behind widespread complaints from users that the latest model, iPhone 4, can show a sudden plunge in signal strength when they hold it in a way that covers a small black strip on one edge of the phone. Users online have jokingly called this the "death grip" for the phone.
That drop seems exaggerated because the phone can wrongly display four or five bars of signal strength when it shouldn't, Apple said.
"Their big drop in bars is because their high bars were never real in the first place," the company said in a letter to users.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Apples....html?x=0&.v=1
Old 07-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i was gonna post that earlier...but how idiotic can a company really be? steve says no problem with the phone, we were just tricking you into believing you had more coverage than you actually did..but all is well now! and the isheep with dropped calls will say "well, if steve said it's not a problem..." lmao!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Wtf?! that is insane. their respones are becoming more arrogant by the day. i cant believe they wont just come out and say yes there is an issue, we are sorry instead of these smoke and mirrors tactics and claiming that they are just "internet rumors"
Old 07-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium
Threadstarter

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

I cant believe the amount of fodder that comes from Apple. Whats more surprising is the fact that the apple-tards still buy this junk.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:23 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i was gonna post that earlier...but how idiotic can a company really be? steve says no problem with the phone, we were just tricking you into believing you had more coverage than you actually did..but all is well now! and the isheep with dropped calls will say "well, if steve said it's not a problem..." lmao!
to them its better than admitting a hardware design flaw, with coverage they can blame att and say its not their fault or with software they can just "fix it" with an OTA update, but if there's something fundamentally wrong with the hardware, theres a mistake that apple would have to own up to
Old 07-04-2010, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
I cant believe the amount of fodder that comes from Apple. Whats more surprising is the fact that the apple-tards still buy this junk.

That antenna issue is really a surprising gaffe for Apple but whose shoes would you rather be in?
Apple: they still managed to sell a "paltry" 1.7 iphones in the first 3 days of launch.

or Microsoft who abruptly canceled the Kin, who earlier discontinued Windows Mobile, and is quickly disappearing from the smartphone market... unless Windows 7 Phone is a hit (that's a BIG if).

As a lifelong Microsoft Windows Mobile user (all the way back to Windows CE) I have to say that Microsoft is really the biggest loser. They had the market to themselves for like 10 years and then in a matter of 2 years lost it completely. I don't know who is running the mobile unit for Microsoft but they completely blew it.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Also forgot to mention that T-mobile recently announced that they are stopping sales of their Sidekick handsets. These once popular phones were doomed when the Microsoft server that they used suffered a MAJOR outage where user's data was lost back in October. That essentially sealed Sidekicks fate and T-mobile finally pulled the plug.

I'm definitely NOT a Microsoft hater (since I use their products so faithfully) but I'm definitely convinced that in every possibly way they have totally blown it in the mobile arena. Yes, the Apple antenna gaffe is embarassing, but it really pales in comparison to the misteps Microsoft has made.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News