PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Radioshack will carry T-Mobile HD2 @ launch ... 100% Confirmed ... pics (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113341)

ashma 03-20-2010 05:30 PM

Re: Radioshack will carry T-Mobile HD2 @ launch ... 100% Confirmed

JQuill, I'm trying to figure out which accessories you'll have for sale? I've called a few stores in my area and they know about getting the phone now but have no idea about the accessories. I'd like to purchase a 2nd battery and if you guys do have a slip/pouch case I'd like to purchase that as well. I'll be using a Brando screen protector (the BEST out there; tried 6 different brands)

Now as far as a car charger goes, I have a generic female USB adaptor. Plug it into the car and then plug any USB cable into it. I’m hoping this will work as it has for several different BlackBerry models.

JQuill 03-20-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashma (Post 1645856)
JQuill, I'm trying to figure out which accessories you'll have for sale? I've called a few stores in my area and they know about getting the phone now but have no idea about the accessories. I'd like to purchase a 2nd battery and if you guys do have a slip/pouch case I'd like to purchase that as well. I'll be using a Brando screen protector (the BEST out there; tried 6 different brands)

Now as far as a car charger goes, I have a generic female USB adaptor. Plug it into the car and then plug any USB cable into it. I’m hoping this will work as it has for several different BlackBerry models.

What I know we will have is screen protectors and car chargers. Maybe batteries, I'll update tomorrow with more details and possibly pics.

mgioia2 03-20-2010 07:57 PM

I'm kinda dissapointed that HTC made this phone with a different USB connection than most of the others, i'm going to have to buy a couple to leave at different places now...

jbearamus 03-20-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JQuill (Post 1646096)
What I know we will have is screen protectors and car chargers. Maybe batteries, I'll update tomorrow with more details and possibly pics.

worst case we can probably RSU them

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgioia2 (Post 1646114)
I'm kinda dissapointed that HTC made this phone with a different USB connection than most of the others, i'm going to have to buy a couple to leave at different places now...

isn't it microUSB? it may be inconvenient to buy everything again but at least it's the new industry standard

JQuill 03-21-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1646327)
worst case we can probably RSU them

isn't it microUSB? it may be inconvenient to buy everything again but at least it's the new industry standard

Yeah man hopefully we will have the HD2's RSU stuff in stock when it goes on sale...def. gonna order an extra battery if we have it.

For those who don't know "RSU" is a special parts ordering system we have at Radioshack. We can order the stock accessories and parts that originally come with our products direct from our distributors. It is an order system only and we do not stock "RSU Products" in our store...it's typically used as a last resort if we don't have a normal retail product to sell a customer and we have to special order it. It's a great system because we can order batteries for new phones like the HD2 and get the cables etc. that people may have lost or need new ones of.

So if you need an extra battery for your HD2, see if Radioshack can order you one. We don't know exactly what we will be able to order for the HD2 through RSU yet.

mgioia2 03-21-2010 10:31 AM

Yup it's MicroUSB, ordered 2 from Newegg last night, $3 a piece :)

jbearamus 03-21-2010 03:23 PM

Nice find!

anyone started a count down clock? :mrgreen:

ashma 03-21-2010 03:54 PM

Guys, wouldn't a female to female USB adaptor be the simple way to go? Couldn't you just plug the HD2's included USB cable into the F2F and a regular size USB cable to the other end? I found a few F2F on Amazon for 1 to 3 dollars.

JQuill 03-21-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashma (Post 1647690)
Guys, wouldn't a female to female USB adaptor be the simple way to go? Couldn't you just plug the HD2's included USB cable into the F2F and a regular size USB cable to the other end? I found a few F2F on Amazon for 1 to 3 dollars.

Alright I think people are a little desperate for things to talk about haha. Guys it's a charger...it comes with a house charger and you can get car chargers and USB cables at litterally every single electronics store in the country. I was at a Mobil gas station the other day that sold both mini and micro USB car chargers. Everything will be there when it's launched.

Go Team USA. Ducks fly together and all that jazz.

jbearamus 03-21-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashma (Post 1647690)

its possbile, but it also depends on the cable you have, I would assume an HTC one would be find but it also depends on how the microUSB port got wired on the inside of it, for example, I know the Palm Pre uses "microUSB" and a standard microUSB will charge it but the iGo tip a97 won't charge it, iGo had to make a tip specifically for the Pre and Pixi even though its "microUSB"