PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54
Skyfire for Android is coming!

I know this is mostly a WM site, but i think a few people might be interested in this bit of news. I got it from Phonescoop.com

Skyfire Bringing New Browser to Android
Today, 11:17 AM by Eric M. Zeman

Today Skyfire announced that it has acquired kolbysoft, which makes the Steel mobile browser for Android devices. Kolbysoft's Steel browser builds on Android's Webkit browser and makes improvements. Through this acquisition, Skyfire will absorb koblysoft's Android development expertise and plans to introduce a Skyfire Android edition browser in the coming months. Skyfire already offers its browser to the S60 and Windows Mobile platforms, and includes the ability to play Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight video content.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide
Re: Skyfire for Android is coming!

I love WinMo, but Skyfire and tethering is what's keeping me. Android's getting one step closer.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

Andre3000 is a n00b

The only thing thats holding me back from getting a android now is the always roading option on WM.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:28 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwide View Post
I love WinMo, but Skyfire and tethering is what's keeping me. Android's getting one step closer.
If that's all you're waiting for then you needn't wait any longer. Tethering has been fully functional in android for quite some time. It will be nice having skyfire back, but it's kind of a moot point since flash will be available any time now.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News