PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint's 6.5 upgrade for the tp2. New information

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
No offense but that's really not a good reason, but yes it's still an interesting read.

I think this just means that the other carriers will have their second update for the Touch Pro 2 by then. Sprint could have easily release this build now and the second one at a later date, this is Sprint's way of just sucking more in customer service, IMO. Ask for $600 for the phone NOW and then don't provide any support. Whenever their update is released it will probably still have the 11/17/09 build too on it. So by the time this comes around this phone will be probably be more then half way through it's lifespan.

How difficult can this possible be, people on this forum tinker with their phones in their FREE time, and make bigger contributions then that of the carriers and manufacture. How incompetent can Sprints testing department be? Must be nice telling your boss every week that you can't meet a deadline, can I have till the end of Q4 2009, then when that passes, the end of Q1 2010?

Perhaps this is why Sprints stock went from $17.23 in 2007 to a whooping $3.63 in Q1 2010. How much more failure can this company make, please spend less time on crappy advertising and more time on the technology.
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Welcome to Sprint, the Bo-Bo's of wireless service were you can't actually get it now but later--much, much later.
Well, I respect your take on it. I just think there's but a ton of bad news lately and lots of threads to back that up especially since the weak ces press conference just a week or two ago. The 6.5 upgrade is interesting news but we are all one unlocked phone away from having 6.5 or 6.5.1-3 running so it's not a big deal to me. I do think Sprint is at a cross roads, but I prefer at this time to take the glass half filled approach and hope that this upgrade to the tp2 will sustain the device through the next year or so. At the very least, until a new wimax monster presents itself.

Last edited by Riley; 01-19-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i really wish carriers could just give us the vanilla rom instead of taking there sweet time to add crapp like sprint tv or sprint music....

Old 01-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i echatted with a rep today about, i might as well been talking to a tree. they don't have a clue, and told him maybe this is the reason sprint loses customers; the people being paid to know and help don't know or can help. all i kept getting were apologies.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

not to get off topic but the echat csr's really don't know anything about their products. i did an echat in an attempt to see if they knew anything about upcoming phones, i asked about the price and release of the lotus elite (not that i care) and they just told me that they didn't have any information available since the phone hadn't been released. then it occured to me that i got the sprint premiere email and started quoting price and when the public release was and they basically told me that there was no way thati had that information. the three times that i have actually given the echat the benefit of the doubt they failed me, complete waste of time.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 01-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

you're right, but i don't think they should be working for a company and don't know anything about its products. i'm a painter, imagine if one of my customers asks about the different paint sheens and i said "i don't have that information". they would fire me!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I think the Sprint 6.1 stock is great and don't see the big fuss about wm6.5 update besides really the animated weather. People are getting all fired up about it and I'm not sure I totally get it. I would also rather wait than have Sprint give us 90% working rom. Then everyones just gonna complain about something that Sprint didn't fully test before sending out. And I'm pretty sure when they do finally release it, people are still going to complain about it.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

i made a call to htc cs and they told me that sprint is the last to update any thing. the next big thing will be a chip that gets installed in your head and uses your brain as the processor (way beyond snapdragon) you will see your phone info in your mind like a cyborg and make, recieve calls and surf the web in your mind while you are in a sensless meeting with corp exutives before sprint comes out with 6.2. until you actually see it and is in your hands, i say don't believe anything that is rumored for sprint. if you want "latest and greatest" it not sprint.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Account Disabled

i was reading that some verizon users with 6.5 were having battery issues. i guess it's a good thing that sprint is waiting.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

shheeeez some people look for anything to complain about. delays happen, hey I'll take a delay here and there with sprint I'm only paying half of what other carriers are charging for internet for one of the best ppc's out in the US. And hey what if there csr's are stupid and give me a extra $50 off my bill.
Sprint I love you lol.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Sounds good. Can't wait.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News