PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FTP now anonymous, no password needed

I just finished making the updates to the FTP. It is now a truly anonymous FTP. Anyone can now upload, download and view files. They cannot delete or rename them... YAY!! Hope this helps to keep the FTP working how everyone wants it to.

In order to get to the FTP now, you no longer need the ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@xxx stuff. You now just use ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com to access the FTP. Please note that all links pointing to ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@xxx will no longer work, but can be fixed by removing ppcgeeks:ezupload@ from the link.

The link under QLINKS has been updated to reflect the new address of the FTP.

Update: If you need a file deleted or you need a directory created, please send me a PM and I will give you the information needed for you to be able to do so.

Please note that under this new system, all deletes are logged, so it should be easy for us to track any malicious users and remove their ability to delete items.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)

Last edited by Perasite; 03-17-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: FTP now anonymous, no password needed

Will there be any support for users to get a login and password to manage files in their own 'directories'?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

See my first post for ways to have items renamed or deleted.

Last edited by Perasite; 03-11-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Thanks for fixing the FTP Yuma.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 03-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am unable to upload new roms. Any ideas?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Can you tell me where you are trying to upload them to? How big are the files? Really, there is no limit to file size, but I just want to eliminate factors. I have tested uploading files, and did not find any problems.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Actually, I think I found the problem. I will work on it and get a solution ASAP. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Yep, found the problem. It is a permissions issue that will take about 45 minutes for me to get everything updated. Please be patient. I will post for testing again once I have the permissions set.

Last edited by Perasite; 03-11-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

nice work Yuma, glad to see you're still good for something!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OK, you can now upload files, but not folders... still working on it.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Nicely done Yuma...take $20 from petty cash for your efforts

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements