PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FTP Update - PPCGeeks FTP Removed

ANNOUNCEMENT

Great news, you will find two new links under the QLINKS. You can now find "FTP upload/download" and "FTP deletes/folders" links. These links are setup to make the FTP easy for everyone to use and they eliminate the need to ask anyone for a password or help in making a directory or deleting a file.

The first link, "FTP upload/download", points to ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com and is a standard FTP link. You can upload files into any existing folder. You can also download any file you choose. You cannot delete files or create folders from this interface. You can also access this by pointing your FTP client software (something like CuteFTP or Filezilla) to up.ppcgeeks.com, port 21, anonymous login.

The second link, "FTP deletes/folders", points to a PHP application that allows you access to the FTP site from within the application. First for what this application is NOT designed for: it is not designed for uploading files, since the PHP app has a 2MB upload limit. This application is designed to allow YOU (this means all members of PPCGeeks.com) to create your own folders and delete any items that may need to be deleted. You no longer need to send me a PM to create a folder on the FTP for you, you can do it yourself with this application. You also do not need to ask me (or anyone else) for a name and password to access this application. You login to it with your PPCGeeks name and password, the same one you use for the forums. This application will log any files that you delete, so please be sure to only delete files that truly need to be deleted.

These measures were taken to prevent the type of malicious behavior we saw before where someone was deleting entire directories from the FTP for no reason. Please insure that any file you delete, you actually are deleting the correct file. If anyone has questions or needs help, please let me know.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
re: FTP Update - PPCGeeks FTP Removed

great news and great work as always yuma... thanks for this!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-05-2008, 11:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Works like a charm. Thanks Yuma!!!

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 05-04-2008, 08:20 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

When creating a FTP directory, is there an approval process or nightly maintenance that needs to make it appear? I can see my directory with cuteftp and FTP Deletes/Folders quicklink, but not with FTP Uploads/Downloads quicklink. It is under /Vogue/Users/rstoyguy.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

There is no approval process. I just looked it up with 2 different FTP programs, and by clicking the FTP Uploads/Downloads link in Firefox, and I saw the folder every time. Try clearing your cache and trying again.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Excellent work Yuma...take the rest of the week off.

late,
Coz
Old 05-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Excellent work Yuma...take the rest of the week off.

late,
Coz
Is anyoner else having issues with uploading to the ftp. I get about 5 mb in,m then it dies
Old 05-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
Is anyoner else having issues with uploading to the ftp. I get about 5 mb in,m then it dies
Check this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25955

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 05-18-2008, 04:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
The first link, "FTP upload/download", points to ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com and is a standard FTP link. You can upload files into any existing folder. You can also download any file you choose. You cannot delete files or create folders from this interface. You can also access this by pointing your FTP client software (something like CuteFTP or Filezilla) to up.ppcgeeks.com, port 21, anonymous login.
Tried this using filezilla and cannot upload anything at all. It will not allow me to even upload small files such as images.

EDIT:: Filezilla works to upload files but cannot upload to my own folder unless the file is less than 4 mb. I would like to put my ROM in my own folder.

Any ideas?

EDIT>> Nevermind... realized I had to change the permissions of my own folders to be able to use the 3rd party ftp app. Works GREAT now. Thanks.

Last edited by DHarvey; 05-18-2008 at 04:50 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Due to moving the FTP to the new server, please use ftp://ppcgeeks.com to access the FTP server. All the stuff in this thread still applies, and once the DNS stuff is taken care of, then up.ppcgeeks.com will get you to the same place as ftp://ppcgeeks.com.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements