PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 08:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Image of Verizon Omnia 2

Found this through Engadget. Not sure I like the shield compared to the cube.

Engadget link:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/22/v...s-cubic-d-pad/

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra
Re: Image of Verizon Omnia 2

I think I actually prefer the shield, I thought the cube looked kind of dorky. The shield does too, but the cube looked worse IMO.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

the cube had too many corners... no need for a directional pad like that with such a huge screen

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
the cube had too many corners... no need for a directional pad like that with such a huge screen
The cube and the shield are not a D-Pad. It is a launching button for programs list (can't remember what it is actually called at the moment).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
The cube and the shield are not a D-Pad. It is a launching button for programs list (can't remember what it is actually called at the moment).

oh i see.. thanks for clearing that up... i didn't read too into the omnia2, but also, i find no reason to have a gigantic button for that purpose
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nvrmind is keeping up the good worknvrmind is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
oh i see.. thanks for clearing that up... i didn't read too into the omnia2, but also, i find no reason to have a gigantic button for that purpose
I think they're trying to make it more iPhoneish...
Old 09-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrmind View Post
I think they're trying to make it more iPhoneish...
take a hint from the pre, that button doesn't have to be an eyesore for such a simple task
Old 09-22-2009, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

Still, the specs are pretty sweet. My bday is coming up end of october, i've been hinting to my wife about it! Although, when VZ releases it, it'll have 6.1 (ugg). Maybe I should wait until Sammy releases a 6.5 update. Then get it. Our Omnia's with custom 6.5 ROM's are running a better UI (IMO).

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 09-22-2009, 03:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper805 View Post
Still, the specs are pretty sweet. My bday is coming up end of october, i've been hinting to my wife about it! Although, when VZ releases it, it'll have 6.1 (ugg). Maybe I should wait until Sammy releases a 6.5 update. Then get it. Our Omnia's with custom 6.5 ROM's are running a better UI (IMO).
Why do you think it will have 6.1 on it? Oct. 6 is the WM6.5 launch and Verizon is part of it. Since the Omnia 2 is not out yet there is the possibility for 6.5.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

im wondering if it still has the finger mouse

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia