PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia1
Carrier: Verizon

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

the other day with 4 bars showing my O1 wouldnt hold a call until it finally froze and shut off,not reboot but shut off, after several hours of drop call after drop call.
yesterday while typing a text the phone went back to home screen on its own. i press task switcher to bring messaging back up and it said a critical component was missing and it couldnt open. i tried it again and it opened fine
today its working fine so far.
i keep my cache dumped often, am running spb mobile shell and keypad roms and iconsoft 2.02 dialer. all else is stock.
is it an aftermarket incompatibility, a bad phone, normal for Omnias or something else.
also i turn the phone off at least once a day
thanks for your help
oh and when it acted stupid the back near the battery was not just warn but hot and battery was draining quicker by far than normal
Old 10-10-2009, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

winmofreak is just getting started
Re: Smartphone acting stupid.

ur not using a custom rom are u?
Old 10-11-2009, 02:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

rfarrah is keeping up the good workrfarrah is keeping up the good work

Could be a conflict with the keypad roms. Been using them long?
Old 10-11-2009, 02:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

Costums roms are just fine. There was a problem early on right about the time the gps was unoficially unlocked. If you have a custom rom update it to a more current one that is still the same version ie. 6.1, 6.5, or the 6.5.1 or 6.7. Somewhere along the line all that got fixed but do a search for the battery problem. Also dont charge your phone with the usb conector. its not meant for charging. It will say full charge and than die quicker.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

the rom is the official updated verizon one.

i did a search for battery problems here and hoforums because i remember something about hot batteries when the phone was first released. got mega results error on both sites. ill try to narrow it better.

i turned off the show on today screen option on iconsoft seems to have helped some
if i reset just the device memory wont that possibly clear up some registry conflicts? i did a trial version of a few apps that wont completly delete,like wunderradio and tiny twitter but it didnt start acting up until well after installing iconsoft dialer app( my last app install)
in case i didnt write it strongly enough THANK YOU for your help. im new to smartphones and illiterate on my desktop also so thanks again

Last edited by mark elmore; 10-11-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

rfarrah is keeping up the good workrfarrah is keeping up the good work

FWIW, what sometimes gives the impression that the batery is getting hot is actually the processor when it's being used continually.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

thank you. i found that out in another thread. it kinda narrowed down where to start experimenting at since its not the battery
im leaning toward it being either amAze or iconsoftdialer but cant get it to act stupid on my terms,when i dont need it to work right
Old 10-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700, Omnia i910, HTC Inc, HTC Thunderbolt

socrplar13 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfarrah View Post
FWIW, what sometimes gives the impression that the batery is getting hot is actually the processor when it's being used continually.
That is exactly what I was going to say. When it starts to get hot, check to see what programs are running and close anything that you are not using. I find that mine will get hot and I will check the task manager. I find that opera, WMP, or some other programs that I thought I closed will still be open. After closing them, the back will cool back down.

I highly suggest something like magic button, HTC task manager or something similar that makes sure that the program closes when you want it to.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thats the thing. when its been acting up nothing other than what acts up is running. Wed,Thurs Fri night NOTHING was running and it getting warm. task switcher showed nothing but today screen, task manager showed activsync,which always comes right back on,but using 0 cpu.
like i wrote ,kow, turning phonex icons off at today screen seems to have helped and phonex seems much more stable than before. it would do stuff like not come on when i pressed send button about 50% of the time but now it works every time
Old 10-11-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

I would try flashing to a new rom. YOu can always flash back. adrynlyn cfo3 version 2,0 is really good and so is 3 i think. 4 is still buggy. I had that problem with my battery to and now i dont. never founnd out why. But i do keep flashing to newer roms. Blazing wolf also has very stable roms.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia