PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

volchonok is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Can anybody recommend an Email Client?

I flashed my phone to 6.5 (thank you Adrenalyne!!!) CF03 but it removed my previous email client. Now I'm using the standard one (the one that you can find under messaging) but it's horrible... and what's worse - I get a text message from OZMAIL every time I have a new email. I need to switch to a new email client but can't find the one I was using (if only I remembered what it was called!). It came with my Verizon Omnia, and it looked like an http client provider... Can anyone help? it doesn't have to be the exact same one, any other email client will work, as long as it's convenient to use... Thank you!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

mdecillis is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mdecillis
Re: Can anybody recommend an Email Client?

I have a Verizon Omnia and I do NOT have any email client besides Mobile Outlook.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nvrmind is keeping up the good worknvrmind is keeping up the good work

I don't remember seeing any other email client when I got my Omnia... Maybe you were using WirelessSync

https://www.wirelesssync.vzw.com/gen...ginRedirect.do
Old 09-30-2009, 07:14 AM
N00b

CPTBeaker is just getting started

Flexmail 4.1 is just about the only other email client worth looking into IMO.

http://www.pocketinformant.com/produ....php?p_id=mail&

The only issue with Flexmail is that new message indicators in the Win 6.5 Titanium panels, SPB Mobile shell, and others that are written for the standard Pocket Outlook mail client don't update.

Other than that, I personally think that Flexmail is great, however, I don't use it anymore because I miss not having the new mail indicators. I just suck it up and use Pocket Outlook.

I've read a lot on the Flexmail forums for solutions to the indicator updates in SPB Mobile shell, Titanium, etc. and the Flexmail people don't seem too interested in making the indicators work.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:19 AM
N00b

CPTBeaker is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by volchonok View Post
I flashed my phone to 6.5 (thank you Adrenalyne!!!) CF03 but it removed my previous email client. Now I'm using the standard one (the one that you can find under messaging) but it's horrible... and what's worse - I get a text message from OZMAIL every time I have a new email. I need to switch to a new email client but can't find the one I was using (if only I remembered what it was called!). It came with my Verizon Omnia, and it looked like an http client provider... Can anyone help? it doesn't have to be the exact same one, any other email client will work, as long as it's convenient to use... Thank you!

The one you are refering to is likely SilverInbox. It was included on the original CC20 ROM. It basically was a Samsung, skinned version of Outlook and aparently was pretty buggy. See this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=Silver

I believe Adrenalyne removed it from his CF03 ROM builds.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

volchonok is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Can anybody recommend an Email Client?

Hi, thank you guys for your responses!
I went to Verizon and found out what it actually was - called MobileEmail, it's a verizon application that can only be downloaded and installed from a Verizon phone by going to start.vzw.com (then downloading it under "Email"). I had it built in when I bought the Omnia and found it more user-friendly than the messaging one (or Outlook). But after I installed the new ROM, all Verizon apps were gone and I can't access the vzw page anymore.
I tried FlexiMail. It looks nice but the major problem I have with it is that it doesn't show me my personal folders. I created about 10 of them in my yahoo account, but FlexiMail only shows the "local" ones: inbox, outbox, etc...
Oh, also, it doesn't notify me about new emails until I actually start the program. That doesn't seem to be very convenient...

I'm still looking for another AP. I wish I could install MobileEmail back on my phone... If anyone could post a .cab file - I'd really appreciate it! I can't access it from my phone...
Old 09-30-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

Try this...
Attached Files
File Type: cab MobileEmail.Samsung_i910-3.0.1.4.a.CAB (464.5 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

volchonok is a n00b
Talking Re: Can anybody recommend an Email Client?

THANK YOU greenskeeper805!!! You rock!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia WM6.5
Carrier: vzw

rgsekula is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper805 View Post
Try this...

very intrigued. any screenshots? please.

I hate outlook too. Does this load all of the email contents without having to download images or tap to scroll right? Does it work with WM notifications?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

volchonok is a n00b

Guys, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I just installed it and it works perfectly fine! No bugs, no glitches. It's my baby that I missed so much lol
Greenskeeper, you're a life saver.

rgsekula, sorry, I can't post any screenshots at the moment but I would DENITITELY recommend trying this client. To those who LIKE outlook - still try it and you'll see the difference. It's a Verizon app but I'm thinking it will work on any phone (as long as it's WinMo and touchscreen). If you have a diff OS - you may need to look for a different version of MobileEmail.

It does load all of the email contents instantly with all your personal folders. I'm not exactly sure how it works but it's so instant that I think it just logs in to your account (yahoo or whatever it is) and modifies the view of your emails and folders to fit your mobile screen and make it user-friendly for WinMo. As opposed to other email clients that actually download the messages on your phone into the app. And if you have 3000 emails in your account - you'd have to wait for hours until it all loads in your email client. But ME shows you everything right away and you can see your emails that are like a month old.

Not sure exactly what you mean by working with WM notifications but it does notify you whenever you receive a new email, and you don't have to actually start the app to send/receive. You just set it up to check your email every 30 min or whenever. And you see a little letter icon on your phone when you have a new email.

I hope this helps! try it out. Oh, and one more thing. If you don't like it and want to remove it from your phone - make sure you uncheck "save password" and remove your accounts first before uninstalling it. Otherwise your info will stay on the server for a few days and you'll be receiving text messages from OZmail whenever you have a new email. it goes away after a few days but it's a little annoying. so make sure to remove your accounts before uninstalling.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia