PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

andrew121 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth phone...ing?

Well I was looking around for an app that will let me use my omnia's BT to connect to my old phone, and make a call.

I tried Super Bluetooth hack, but that failed. It installed right, but nothing showed up in the connect screen.

I have one problem with all this however. When I try connecting to ANY phone, (with bluetooth) it pairs fine, but when I try to connect it, it gives me an error:

Your device did not connect with PHONE HERE. The connection failed or the passcode is incorrect.

Is it possible to either fix the top problem, and/or is there an application that will let me call through Bluetooth through my old phone.

My omnia has no service, and won't have service till I can pay the broadband connection, that is why I still have an old nokia phone.

My omnia is SCH-i910. Thanks in advanced for anyone out there that can help me. I have the latest samsung update. (I think...)
Old 09-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

andrew121 is a n00b
Re: Bluetooth phone...ing?

no one can help me out?
Old 09-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

andrew121 is a n00b

last time I post, if no one can help me out, I'll just leave these forums...
Old 09-17-2009, 03:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Not sure that not getting an answer is reason to leave but what ever floats your boat.

I would love to help but I have no idea how to accomplish what you want.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 09-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

I've never heard of such a thing being possible, and while I can't definitively tell you that it can't be done, I'm just going to say it can't be done because I don't think any phone supports the Bluetooth headset profile to be used, well, as a headset. The headset profile is used by headsets, computers and other handsfree devices (like in cars).
...I just took a look at Super Bluetooth Hack, and it's a Java application. I'm not exactly able to figure out how it works since my Omnia doesn't have Java at the moment and I don't have any other dumbphones with Java capability, but I'll look into it. Bluetooth is notoriously fickly and I've never had great luck with it beyond pairing to the car's handsfree system, but it does work on the Omnia, I know that much.
Also, don't be discouraged if nobody responds to your post; as Blazingwolf said, leaving a forum filled with very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful folks and lots of information just because one question didn't get answered is not a great reason. I would be more discouraged if I got posts in my thread that said nobody knew the answer to my question. Stick around, you're bound to learn a lot about this phone!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

+1 I know I've asked some questions that no one responds to. It's not that we don't care, it's just that we don't know.

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia