PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Wireless Tethering App?

Note that the subject line is a question, not a statement...

I love my Omnia, and with all the tweaks and ROMs found on this site, XDA, and Modaco, the Omnia exceeds the iPhone is so many ways (tethering, better camera, endless possibilities for customization, ability to send MMS and record video, and let's not forget that we can actually cut and paste unlike the 3G users...). But for the last few months there have been just a handful of things that iPhone users had that I wish us WinMo users had as well, which always left me wanting.

Then I figured out a solution to my problem: Keep the Omnia and get an iPod Touch, that way I have the best of both worlds! An iPod Touch is basically the same thing as an iPhone, but without a camera or calling/EDGE capabilities - and the Omnia fills those gaps, as well as many other things, extremely well anyway.

So now to my actual question. I use the free version of WMWifiRouter right now to provide WiFi to the iPod, but I get tired of having to run the 'crash cleanup' to restore the WiFi several times a day. What have you guys found to be the best alternatives to WMWifiRouter that provide a stable WiFi setup without the need to restore the WiFi drivers every 5 seconds?
Old 08-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia 910

rspong is a n00b
Re: Best Wireless Tethering App?

I like Walking Hotspot. i tried WIFIRouter and never really liked it.
I have a verizon i910. Just like the others, you need internet sharing running in background before starting the wifi hotspot programs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

HTC now has a wifi routing program and it is free! Check this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75461
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Threadstarter

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

So upon further analysis, it appears that running 'crash cleanup' instead of hitting 'exit' when closing WMWifiRouter seems to prevent the Wifi drivers from ever going missing in the first place, thereby eliminating the need to soft reset each time after using the program.

All seems to be well with WMWifiRouter again.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

vrzsuxppcrocks is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
So upon further analysis, it appears that running 'crash cleanup' instead of hitting 'exit' when closing WMWifiRouter seems to prevent the Wifi drivers from ever going missing in the first place, thereby eliminating the need to soft reset each time after using the program.

Where in omnia is this crash clean up or do I have to download something...
Old 08-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrzsuxppcrocks View Post
Where in omnia is this crash clean up or do I have to download something...
I answered in your other thread. Head over there to see the answer.

Good luck!!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: omnia 910

doogie63 is a n00b

will Comm Manager work with Adrynalyne 4.0 Base Or do I need HTC version?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910

technofunktrial is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post

It took me awhile to figure this out too. i'm so glad it works, problem with connection is that the phone gets pretty hot and I usually end up propping it vertically upside down to maximize airflow over what I assume is the processing unit part. I've left it on for hours and hours.. the evdo usually craps out before the program, thankfully it reconnects. I liked it so much I actually purchased the software (which is pretty rare for me).
-Eric
Old 09-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsug omina I910
Carrier: verizon

melp57 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
HTC now has a wifi routing program and it is free! Check this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75461
Does it work on the Omnia I910?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

eclsnowman is a n00b

Sector over at modaco created an all in one between topaz comm manager and CM wifi sharing. Check it out.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-o...rted-to-omnia/
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia