PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: AT&T

mrwangkai is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you think the Samsung Omnia 2 will be successful?

Hey guys,

My name is Kai from CareAce.net where we test applications (and devices) as well as providing news/tips for our news.

With the Samsung Omnia 2 set to launch in the U.S and already available in some Asian countries (Singapore), we would love to hear your opinion on the latest Samsung WinMo device that runs on Windows Mobile 6.5.

We have been gathering different views from various blogs/forums in hope of writing a comprehensive coverage on this question:

Do you think the Samsung Omnia 2 will be successful? Why or why not?

Feel free to define successful in your own ways. Personally, I felt the Omnia did well, evidently from one of our latest polls. 50% of the users had chosen the Omnia over other Samsung WinMo devices.

Thank you very much for your participation, credits will certainly be given! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or CareAce.net.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Kai
Old 08-13-2009, 06:29 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

tmellen is just getting started
Re: Do you think the Samsung Omnia 2 will be successful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwangkai View Post
Hey guys,

My name is Kai from CareAce.net where we test applications (and devices) as well as providing news/tips for our news.

With the Samsung Omnia 2 set to launch in the U.S and already available in some Asian countries (Singapore), we would love to hear your opinion on the latest Samsung WinMo device that runs on Windows Mobile 6.5.

We have been gathering different views from various blogs/forums in hope of writing a comprehensive coverage on this question:

Do you think the Samsung Omnia 2 will be successful? Why or why not?

Feel free to define successful in your own ways. Personally, I felt the Omnia did well, evidently from one of our latest polls. 50% of the users had chosen the Omnia over other Samsung WinMo devices.

Thank you very much for your participation, credits will certainly be given! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or CareAce.net.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Kai
If it's reasonably priced for its features, of course it will!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:32 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmellen View Post
If it's reasonably priced for its features, of course it will!
you quote the whole op for this reply?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

I think that the Omnia 2 will be a hit as long as Verizon doesn't cripple it like they did with the Omnia 1. It's going to have WinMo 6.1, but hopefully they will upgrade it to 6.5. I believe that will ultimately decide on how successful it is.

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper805 View Post
I think that the Omnia 2 will be a hit as long as Verizon doesn't cripple it like they did with the Omnia 1. It's going to have WinMo 6.1, but hopefully they will upgrade it to 6.5. I believe that will ultimately decide on how successful it is.
i have a feeling they will leave it alone. How did they cripple it though?

I cant wait for the omnia 2, im really debating on this or the touch pro 2.
Does anyone know how the video playback/video drivers are compared to the tp2?

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 08-13-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mrwangkai is a n00b

@bikeandestroyx, I think one of the 'downfall' of Omnia lies with the lack of marketing. Looking back, I don't really see much on Verizon promoting the device.

In terms of video driver - check out the video on Omnia2's video output in this article (below): http://ow.ly/k02z

I do hope the Omnia2 gets more publicity than the Omnia.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwangkai View Post
@bikeandestroyx, I think one of the 'downfall' of Omnia lies with the lack of marketing. Looking back, I don't really see much on Verizon promoting the device.

In terms of video driver - check out the video on Omnia2's video output in this article (below): http://ow.ly/k02z

I do hope the Omnia2 gets more publicity than the Omnia.
yeah i noticed, most people havent heard of the omnia, or the touch pro? lol windows mobile phones dont get much publicity.
Looks nice! how about playing games like emulators etc?
I hope they promote the omnia 2 more also! it looks like a really nice phone. I'm wondering how long it will take before they get custom roms on it. Thats the one thing i like about htc, is how fast we get unlockers and seems like much more support in the forums.
Do you know a release date yet? ive been seeing the 23rd.

Also how is the stock rom, is the phone fast and stable out of the box? or is it like the out of the box stock rom from HTC?

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 08-13-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mrwangkai is a n00b

Been seeing the 23rd as well. But one of my teammate said that it would take some time between the Singapore release (July 15, 09) and the Verizon release as the U.S carrier would need sometime to customize it - he predicted 6 weeks. But yea, there isn't an official confirmation to prove that.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Verizon is a Blackberry company. So they market the hell out of Blackberry phones. This is one of the reasons we don't see any advertising for Windows Mobile phones.

Will the Omnia 2 be a success? Yes, but not because of Verizon. It will be because of sales in the GSM markets. It easily matches the HTC Touch HD in features and then betters it in some. If Verizon were to actually market the phone then it would do quite well here also as many Verizon users are looking for something like the iPhone.

Verizon and Sprit typically take at least 6 months to put a phone out after it first appears in GSM markets. Verizon version can and often do take even more time then that. I'm not holding my breath for a August release of this phone (I'd love to be wrong).

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 08-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mrwangkai is a n00b

@blazingwolf, I never knew that (Verizon is a Blackberry company). Guess that's why I'm a lurker and you a VIP.

In this case, we are expecting a much later, 4Q 09 release? If that's the case, then I do perceive competition for 'success' to be stiff. Thanks for your comments!

CareAce.net - Samsung Windows Mobile Phone Support
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia

Tags
omnia ii, omnia2, samsung, survey