PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bluetooth_decay is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: An Announcement Nobody Will Like, But Yet....Has Hope!

Hey, Adryn, I don't blame you for not wanting to use your primary phone as an oven (<--2009 Smiley of the Year award winner). I have yet to find anything that makes the virtual keyboard an efficient typing device for me, either.

As I remarked on another forum, I'm amazed that all you chefs used your primary phones as testbeds. Thanks for all your efforts!

The Tour is nice, better than the Storm. It was down to that or the Omnia for me. A deep discount at a mall kiosk on the Omnia finally pushed me that direction. I hope the Tour works out for you.

I've been offered a work cell phone, a Blackberry Curve. I may go ahead and try one just to see what they are like.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

jmak512 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jmak512 Send a message via MSN to jmak512 Send a message via Yahoo to jmak512

Dude best of luck with the new phone and no matter what always a big fan of ur work. lets see what the new Rom has to check it no matter what u will always be that adry thanks for all ur work
Old 08-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

yojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

sorrry to hear ur leaving i was one of your biggest fans... and im glad you still will be around
Old 08-18-2009, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

thunder33cat is becoming a great contributor

Sad to see you go, fully understand, however... just finished a flirtation with a Curve myself, trying to decide whether to take the path you just took.

Funny - after a week - despite the solid performance, excellent battery life and call quality of the Curve - I found myself re-activating my Omnia last night. In the end, for now, more programs that I use daily, the fact that the Omnia is "robust enough," and frustration with the Curve GPS brought me back...

Enjoy the Tour. I think it's currently probably VZ's best smartphone... It's clear to me though I'm just not ready to move on just yet.

Thank you for all you have done for the Omnia community. Your ROMs are likely the biggest reason why I'm still here.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:30 PM
N00b

spinwizard is just getting started

Thanks for all your hard work making my phone worth the contract, (sort of) Your ROMs are always clean and stable and I appreciate that. My phone, your testbed, is my work phone so I am not able to step up to the 23025 build because of the bugs. But I love the finger freindly improvements. I'm no tech so I would not be able to build these ROMs myself, I've played in the kitchens, only to create a stock ROM, but nothing like what you and Bgill do. Anyway, thanks and I hope to see you thru WinMo 7.
lioryte's base 28232 Loaded!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia 910

captclam is a n00b

Dude, get real! You our brotha' man! You could show up broke, drunk and call my momma to tell her you banged my sister with your iPhone and we'd still love you and have to give you your propers!

Still miss my Treo 700wx (not the Treo I carried for years- errrr). Something about being able to be driving the toll-road at 2 am, listening to the whole family snoring while catching up on email... never taking your eyes off the road... With that keyboard and two small bumps of nail polish on two keys, I could find my way and type 25 words a minute in the dark with one hand. Those days are gone.

However, I did find a VERY cool tool all of you should get (now that I already have mine). It is called something like a stow and go or igo keyboard. It always pairs everytime the first time on the omnia... it really makes up for the junk screen keyboard.

I do think Wozzer is sitting somewhere right now with Blackberry Storm, dead set that he is not going to leave the house until he can type a Q and P at the same time on his keyboard. (loved the Storm unitl I tried to type fast... impossible.

I am starting to think there are some of us out here that would happily buy a phone 2 or 3 times bigger than the Omnia if we could have a great radio, great data, better battery life, and much better security. Oh God, I can see me with a phone fanny pack now!

Captain Clam

P.S. Remember, he's not dead yet! (Movie?)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia