PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about Networks....

I work in a place where there are just some places that have absolutely No Cellular signal at all...recently they installed Mini cell towers and now if you have Sprint or AT&T you have full bars for 3G service, but Tmobile, Metro and of course Verizon still have No Signal...

does anyone know if it is possible to somehow get my Omnia to get some sort of signal from the Sprint mini towers...? it would greatly improve my battery life if it wasn't searching for a signal 8 hours out of the day...
Old 08-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work
Re: Question about Networks....

Doubt it because these mini towers are probably set up to use Sprint's network and you'd probably need a Sprint PRL to be able to access them. Unless you can roam off of them, which I don't think is happening.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Threadstarter

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous9200 View Post
Doubt it because these mini towers are probably set up to use Sprint's network and you'd probably need a Sprint PRL to be able to access them. Unless you can roam off of them, which I don't think is happening.
Yea I figured that...Oh well we'll see if VZW comes to install some of their own...I doubt it though...maybe I should email them...
Old 08-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You could always try an antenna booster. I've never used one myself, personally, so I'll let other people say if they're worth it. But for a buck .99, it couldn't hurt...
Old 08-13-2009, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: VZDUB

pasquale073 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to pasquale073

Or find out if your work will allow you to bring in Verizons Network Extender. It's a femtocell that will increase your signal up to 5000sq ft. Then you'll have your own little mini tower
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia