PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 11:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Some S2U2/Omnia love!!!

A_C has been looking into the problem of S2U2 messing up with screen rotation. I haven't tested it yet, but he has added a tweak in his latest version (1.36 released yeaterday) to disable screen rotation. I will let you know how it goes, but I am installing as we speak!!!!

http://www.ac-s2.com/

Old 12-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Some S2U2/Omnia love!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
A_C has been looking into the problem of S2U2 messing up with screen rotation. I haven't tested it yet, but he has added a tweak in his latest version (1.36 released yeaterday) to disable screen rotation. I will let you know how it goes, but I am installing as we speak!!!!

http://www.ac-s2.com/
I just tried that version, and for some reason it wont always turn on when i press the power button. Oh well...
Old 12-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: VZW

saltshaker is just getting started

i recently had s2u2 v1.35 installed on my omnia, it worked fine but one thing that annoyed me was at the top left of the locked screen where the carrier name is supposed to be it said No Service, but i had service. Was it just me or has anyone else had that problem?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I think the Omnia handles the carrier line differently than other PPC's. I can remember with the 700wx struggling to remove that pesky line doing nothing but advertizing VZW (like it isn't already emblazoned on the body of the device) until I found HideLogo, but on the Omnia it is handles as a Today Plug-in AKA optional. I think that blocks the carrier name from being picked up by other apps the way they usually find it. SPB MobileShell is blank on top as well as a few other apps I use.

If you really want it to say something Personalizer still works (found in the software forum). I use it just for aesthetics!!

edit: Just for kicks...here is the thread to download and read about Personalizer:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21538
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Indredible

volsmcfalls is keeping up the good workvolsmcfalls is keeping up the good work

Does the caller ID feature work with the Omnia?

My wife wants an app that will pop up a larger photo in the caller ID and s2u2 seems like a good one, but I noticed A_C mentioned on his site that the caller ID feature might not work with all phones.

Have you tried it?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (VZW)

CollegeKid is a n00b

I have tried and used the callerID on the previous version and it works fine. Slide to answer works as well. I would assume it would continue to work in the updated version.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Full-screen caller ID works great on my Omnia....both locked and unlocked. I really haven't found any issues with this current version on my Omnia at all (unless you count no charging animation....I don't LOL)!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

smilepak is keeping up the good worksmilepak is keeping up the good work

i am using the latest version. It is working fine. No issue, even with screen rotation. I like the fact it show who called on miss calls.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

iceman5100 is becoming a great contributor

Man, I cant wait to get my Omnia for Christmas!!!!!!!!! So much to do to it!!!!!!!!

Ice.....
Old 12-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Indredible

volsmcfalls is keeping up the good workvolsmcfalls is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Full-screen caller ID works great on my Omnia....both locked and unlocked. I really haven't found any issues with this current version on my Omnia at all (unless you count no charging animation....I don't LOL)!!!
Wonder why the charging animation doesn't work? I saw a video on youtube of a guy with s2u2 on an omnia and not only did his charging animation work, but it was also charging a red battery (rather than the green one mine shows).

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia