PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 04:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia 910
Carrier: Verizon

jazaddict is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia - M2D causes reset on SETTINGS

Hi,
Well, I pulled the trigger on the OMnia. Mostly I love it. I'm tryin NOT to flash a custom ROM cuz I like that my Jawbone pairs and runs MSVC on the stock ROM & I'd heard some folks were havin sporatic trouble there... (I'm not a-feared of flashin, done it plenty on my 6800)

So I thought I'd just load M2D & the Customizer & run it ..... so I deselected the SamSung Widget, loaded M2D, Soft reset (just for good measure). Every thing is fine EXCEPT the Settings stop....

When I select "ALL SETTINGS" the phone resets. So now I can't even get into the Today Setting to deselect TouchFlo.

ANy suggestions? I've Hard Reset it once...same behavior. I guess I'd try Adrynalyne's Vanilla if I KNEW I could get back to the Stock (Guess I could just run the Verizon Update again, eh?)

....or maybe I could bypass this altogether & find an Android ROM?
Old 08-01-2009, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Omnia - M2D causes reset on SETTINGS

If you're using the Verizon updated ROM, CF03, you can go back to it if you don't like the features of Adryn's ROM's, or any other chef. If you're talking about the original stock ROM, pre-CF03, you can't go back to that. The best you could do is go back to the CF03.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks,
Yah, I figured it about like that.

I took the plunge on Adryn's Vanilla. Works great. Turns out it was my iContacts (I think) that was causin the restart. Gotta get a newer ver.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

http://andromnia.net

I've posted about this here before, if you have a PC running linux and a spare microSD card, you can boot Android and even use the wifi. That's the closest you're going to get for now, but it's getting better all the time.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thx Nitrous....
I've been readin the progress threads a bit; very interesting. I'll hold out for a "prime time" version cuz I don't run linux, don't have a spare SD OR spare Omnia
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia