PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Samsung Omnia reviews.

This is where you post your pros and cons on Samsung's latest device on Big Red's network (which is coming soon).

And please keep this thread as civil as the rest.

And also, special thanks go to Wideawake for creating this new forum (11/24)
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 11-24-2008 at 01:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700 and Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Millz-Mal91 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Millz-Mal91
Re: Samsung Omnia reviews.

Cons? Ha if there are any... Once I saw the interface and read that it had an optional 8gb/16gb of internal memory it occurred to me that there is finally a windows mobile phone that will put the iphone to shame... No not shame, in a grave lol. Leave it to Samsung to be the inovator, not to say that HTC hasnt faught the good fight, I mean the touch HD is just wow but this is the Omnia thread so all I can say is Omnia > iPhone.

OMNIA '08
Old 11-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Lightbulb Re: Samsung Omnia reviews.

These are the official reviews of the Samsung Omnia that I come across

Gizmodo says the phone is alright for the price-

http://gizmodo.com/5098458/samsung-omnia-review

Infosync rates the Omnia at 64%, which is 'Good'... VERY DETAILED!

Hardware Design- Medicore
Interface Design - Mediocre
Calling - Good
Messaging - Good
Multimedia - Good
Scheduling and Productivity - Good
Camera - Good
Web browsing - Very good

http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews...mnia/9938.html

This one below is a video review..

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=239
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (7.8 KB, 215 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg camera_01.jpg (291.6 KB, 166 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg omnia_01.jpg (386.2 KB, 162 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by BigDiesel07; 11-25-2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Added more reviews..
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Lurker

aps024 is a n00b

Phonescoop has it up on their website now too.
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1773

Also here is a Video review by phonescoop:
http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=239
Old 11-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

tak145 is a n00b

Verizon says Omnia is Rev. A capable. Does that mean the GPS is enabled without having to use VZ Navigator? If the GPS is locked will there be a work around?

forgive me...i'm not to all this.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak145 View Post
Verizon says Omnia is Rev. A capable. Does that mean the GPS is enabled without having to use VZ Navigator? If the GPS is locked will there be a work around?

forgive me...i'm not to all this.
It will be locked down, as with all official VZW ROMs, but leave it to the fine folks here and at XDA to unlock it soon!

I just ordered mine...this is the iPhone killer if Samsung markets it right. I personally think this will be the "device" on the VZW network, above the Storm or Touch Pro.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What's with the measly 128 MB RAM and 400x200 resolution?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Threadstarter

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

I do like the accelorometer as well as the UI making it feel almost like Vista in the palm of your hand, and the resolution would probably kill me a bit. Plus we'll need more user reviews once this comes out.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I just ordered mine today, and will have it by Friday!! I am already deep in the research with the guys @ Howardforums into cracking the GPS thing (and yes, it is locked), but I agree with spetrillo that it will take cracking and cooking a new Rom with a new/improved/cracked GPS radio included!!!!

We will see!!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Threadstarter

SyrGuy1969, you have bestowed a good idea for this Omnia forum which will lead to a Sub-Forum for Omnia upgrades after this is released. +1 for that idea.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia