View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 07:38 PM
kyrumo
VIP Member

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Omnia reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorPDA View Post
syrguy1969, kyrumo, bwonish, and anyone else with the Verizon Omnia:

Can you comment on:
1) Reception/signal strength? How is it compared to other phones? I've only seen one review so far (Infosync) comment about the Verizon Samsung Omnia signal strength (http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews...mnia/9938.html under "Calling"). He reported "reception trouble". This could be related to the reviewer being located in a Manhattan office, as his reviews seem to always report worse signal strength compared to other online reviews. I am located in upstate NY and travel frequently to NY city, NJ, Philly, so I'd like to have a signal all over the east coast.

2) Call quality and volume (incoming/outgoing)? Speakerphone quality and volume (does it distort at highest volumes??)?

3) GPS quality? Anyone use VZ navigator yet? It would be nice if this worked without any lag. Apparently works with Google Maps (http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...s&Number=31947).

4) Battery life? Better than Diamond and Touch Pro?

I was going to get the Diamond or Touch Pro, but not too happy about the scattered reports of bad battery life, GPS lag, and poor signal strength. Thanks.
I have had the Omnia for 3 days now and I'll rate 1-10
Reception Omnia 8 vs XV-6900 6 (Maricopa Az)
Battery life Omnia 5 vs XV-6900 7 I always forget to turn off Omnia's WIFI
Sound Quality Omnia 10 vs XV-6900 6.
Phone calls are great on the Omnia, no echo or boxy sound, sounds like a land line.
The Omnia is the best option for Verizon, for some reason they don't alter Samsungs to much.

Last edited by kyrumo; 11-30-2008 at 07:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.