PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia SCH I910
Carrier: cricket

theswitz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Making WAP changes to i910 using QPST 2.7 build 215 and SamsungPST Lite 1.0.003

I am right where you are at. No matter what Ive tried, AN NAI settings as well as IP remain locked. I even called Samsung TS for anything.. This is rediculous. I guess Ill do a lot more research before I purchase next time. Ive been patiently watching the forums for a fix, but nothing yet. Genuwine over @ Howard Forums posted he got it to work using Q method-
tried that- yea right- all that does as far as I can tell is nothing. Im using qpst 2.7 build 263 & have full PST if you need.
I also updated firmware to most recent version. Didnt help. Ill bet its either locked or has some sort of routine rewriting info.
Someone with an engineering degree needs to spank this issue & have mercy on us
Old 07-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 Upgraded from HTC Touch
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

TouchTuSik is a n00b
Re: Making WAP changes to i910 using QPST 2.7 build 215 and SamsungPST Lite 1.0.003

So I tried the hard reset and now everything sticks even after I reboot the phone, just the damn AN NAI setting will not change! I can change the settings then restart PST and read from phone and AN NAI will still show MDN@vzw3g.com! Been trying to setup the working WAP and still get an error saying my settings are wrong. This is a great phone and all but it's the biggest PIA I've dealt with so far and I'm thinking screw it!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TouchTuSik is a n00b

Yeah unfortunately I did do my reasearch and found what seemed to be an easy fix to get the i910 fully working with WAP and MMS... Little did I know the settings will not stick on some phones and with my obvious luck I get a "special" phone!

What version of PST are you using? I've even tried using UNI PST but that stupid thing gives me "program stopped responding" as soon as I try and open it... I've tried reflashing ROM, hard resetting, using all programs avaialble and still nothing!

What PRL are those of you who have this all working already, using?
Old 07-24-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

Fa310tx is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to Fa310tx Send a message via AIM to Fa310tx Send a message via MSN to Fa310tx Send a message via Yahoo to Fa310tx

I registered the phone with alltel, last night. I have alltel's 30043 prl.
Samsung PST 1.0.002 will read from/write to the phone, but it reverts back (simple IP and vzw3g.com). Qpst 2.7 built 215 does the same thing. I've downloaded unipst 2.658, but haven't played with it yet.
From everything that I've read, cricket and metropcs have proxy settings. I haven't seen any proxy settings for alltel. I haven't been able to make a connection with 1x, yet. I would think that a proxy setting would allow the connection, but not allow data to pass.
I'm using the verizon i910 with the official cf03 rom.
JJ
Old 07-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TouchTuSik is a n00b

So it's taken a couple of weeks but has been well worth it... Even though AN NAI will not stick everything is working just great! I have GPS picking up 5 sats, I'm sending and recieving MMS, Wi-Fi still works, and WAP connects flawlessly... I guess you just need the right tools, some time, and tons of patience to get the job done right with this phone!

Only thing not working properly is my weather widget... It will only show a red X when I update it... tried rebooting and getting info thru Wi-Fi but nothing... I will try and get this working sometime soon...

Not to sure if EVDO is working properly with the whole Google Maps thing tho... But whatever I have WAP and MMS!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

nathanielj.johnson is a n00b

What finally got this up and running for you?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Vogue

Fa310tx is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to Fa310tx Send a message via AIM to Fa310tx Send a message via MSN to Fa310tx Send a message via Yahoo to Fa310tx

Keep in mind that he is using cricket. His information is irrelevant for alltel users.
JJ
Old 08-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

nathanielj.johnson is a n00b

Thanks for the reminder. Here I was getting all hopeful that somehow it was cracked.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Imagio, htc Evo
Carrier: Iusacell

crisra is a n00b

with the telus room is the same???
Old 09-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto
Carrier: multiple

ciper is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by theswitz View Post
I am right where you are at. No matter what Ive tried, AN NAI settings as well as IP remain locked. I even called Samsung TS for anything.. This is rediculous. I guess Ill do a lot more research before I purchase next time. Ive been patiently watching the forums for a fix, but nothing yet. Genuwine over @ Howard Forums posted he got it to work using Q method-
tried that- yea right- all that does as far as I can tell is nothing. Im using qpst 2.7 build 263 & have full PST if you need.
I also updated firmware to most recent version. Didnt help. Ill bet its either locked or has some sort of routine rewriting info.
Someone with an engineering degree needs to spank this issue & have mercy on us
Please check posts nine and ten of this thread http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568652
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia