PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3000 Mah Battery: Just Bought AGAIN from NAKEDCELLPHONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPosTech View Post
I'm not trying to hijack your thread but how do you like the T505? I just saw it for about $50. If you are running MP3s through it how is the audio? I understand you need to try several suggested FM stations before finding a good empty spot.

I just received a BlueStar unit that replaces the OnStar in my Eldo. It's a great unit (and Chris is proud of them ) and integrates perfectly with the data and audio bus in late model GM vehicles. It uses the mike and buttons on the rear view mirror. No stereo though. Maybe an update down the line.

And I still might try the T505.

Ted
i had the t505 b4. sold it cuz needed cash. bout sp700 and quality didnt come close. found a t505 on CL for 55.
outstanding quality, phone and music! ill never go with a cheaper unit or product again. the jabra retails for 40bucks less. but as u can telll from this thread, i will pay more for quality.

i highly recommend the T505. best purchase ive made in a longg time.

it also autosearches and speaks out the clearest station to tune too!

did that sound like an add too? lol

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 07-10-2009, 02:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

DavidNM is a n00b

I've had Mugen batteries for several devices now. I keep going from the thing Samsung battery back to the Mugen. Yea, it adds about 1/2 inch to the thickness and an ounce or two to the weight - but I like to put my Omnia in the pocket of my t-shirt and listen to PodCasts or audiobooks during the day -- and with the thin batter I end up changing batteries a couple of times a day - and trying to plug into power whenever and wherever I can including the car. It's a pain in the behind.

I keep a spare charger going so that if my Mugen wears out I can put in a smaller battery still using the regular Mugin cover and get a charge.

I think it depends upon how you use your Omnia - but this is a quality battery.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

jville95 is keeping up the good workjville95 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
Holy expensive...at $90 I'll just stick with charging my phone every night
Me too. Besides, I bought my Omnia for the slimness of the phone. This would probably make my phone "feel" like a brick, weight- width- & length-wise.

Proud member of the CBM!!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

yojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jville95 View Post
Me too. Besides, I bought my Omnia for the slimness of the phone. This would probably make my phone "feel" like a brick, weight- width- & length-wise.
yea same here thats why i got mine was bc it was so slim
Old 07-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yojoe600 View Post
yea same here thats why i got mine was bc it was so slim
ok, you guys are right... it basically is now the exact size of the Sprint Touch Pro, which i've owned before. The size wasn't the issue. I got the Omnia because, IMO, it is the most stable WinMo device available as of yet, and that the screen is bigger.

I recieved my battery today, and the cover makes it fairly big. But i will sacrafice the slimness if i can street hulu and other vidz for more than just a little bit before my battery drains. it doesn't addTHAT much weight, only a couple ounces.

So instructions say to charge it for 12 hours before using it. Kind of odd considering when you get a new battery, yu should drain it first, THEN max charge it, drain again, max charge, and so on to train it properly. well, whatever, we'll see how this thing holds up...

I've got some community service to do tomorrow (yeah yeah, tisk tisk on me) and we'll see how this thing holds up playing 5-8 hours of music thru BT Headphones on its first day.

Last edited by syanni85; 11-03-2009 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: I910

scubamike is a n00b

I am very close to taking the plung and getting this battery. I carry my phone in a leath pouch with a magnetic flap, the standard Verizon-issue unit. Will the phone still fit into the case with the larger battery installed?
Old 07-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jville95 is keeping up the good workjville95 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamike View Post
I am very close to taking the plung and getting this battery. I carry my phone in a leath pouch with a magnetic flap, the standard Verizon-issue unit. Will the phone still fit into the case with the larger battery installed?
It should, it may stretch it a wee bit but I wouldn't see the problem. Pictures can be deceiving so just be prepared if you have to by another case.

(Still, $90 for an extra few hrs of play and a larger Omnia? Wait, is my charger broken?)
Old 07-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

Quote:
It should, it may stretch it a wee bit but I wouldn't see the problem. Pictures can be deceiving so just be prepared if you have to by another case.

(Still, $90 for an extra few hrs of play and a larger Omnia? Wait, is my charger broken?)
ok. day 1:
obviously the battery doesnt have its full potential on the first day but i played music with core player for a straight 7.5 hours using my bluetooth headphones, browsed with opera for about 10 mins and still had 50% battery left. then streamed pandora in my car with my t505 which also uses bluetooth for about an hour. talked for a total of about 45mins. shot a couple 1.5 minute videos and then streamed vid for about 40 mins with skyfire.

ive been web browsing with opera for the past half hour and my battery is at 20%.

thats just day one. id say in about 2 weeks it will achieve its full potential.

not bad for a first full charge outta the box huh?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia