PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

dfettero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZW Response to FTC Complaint

G.P.
Verizon
Executive Relations Coordinator
NE Area
7600 Montpelier Road
Laurel, MD 20723
240-xxx-xxxx

June 17, 2009
Attention: Jeffrey Tignor
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20554

Re: Complainant: xxxxxxxxxxx
IC#: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr. Tignor:

This letter is confirmation of receipt for the above referenced complaint from xxxxxx. It was received by the FCC and forwarded to Verizon Wireless on June 17, 2009. In his complaint, Mr. xxxxx asserts that Verizon Wireless has locked the GPS functionality built in to the Samsung Omnia. Unhappy with being forced to pay an additional $9.99 for the VG Navigator application available through Verizon Wireless, he has sought the attention of the Executive Offices via the FCC.

Verizon Wireless, like all carriers, orders devices to meet certain specifications inclusive of features. Each of these specs is tested to determine if it meets our performance goals. There are instances when the phone will pass our extensive testing process but a specific feature may not meet the standard. We will often choose to introduce the phone without that feature but ask that the manufacturer come back to us with revised software that has to be tested to make sure the service works the same across our entire wireless footprint —from Maine to Hawaii. In the case of open standalone GPS, we are partnering with the Windows Mobile device manufacturers to provide a software upgrade that will add this capability to the existing assisted GPS capability. This is a complex development project to provide open standalone GPS while maintaining the assisted GPS capability with the level of performance and security that our customers expect. The recently introduced Windows Mobile devices including Omnia, Saga, and Touch Pro are targeted to add open standalone GPS in the 1st half of 2009. Mr. xxxx accepts but remains unsatisfied with this resolution.

Verizon Wireless now considers this matter resolved and closed.

If Mr. xxxxx has any questions regarding this response, he may contact the undersigned at 240-568-2186 between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm EST, or our Customer Service Department at 800-922-0204. Should the Federal Communications Commission have any questions, please contact xxxxx at xxxxx @VerizonWireless.com.

Cc/ xxxxx
Old 06-22-2009, 11:30 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: VZW Response to FTC Complaint

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
that is now one of my fav pics. haha.
My other one is here.
Didn't want to post it, as one, it's off topic,
and two, goes against religion, and alot of people on here are religious...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: VZW

bornl33t is becoming a great contributor

sig>on topic post=fail
Old 06-23-2009, 05:02 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

'big red' does it again! isn't the 1st half of 2009 almost up?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Lurker

mneidin is a n00b

Somehow, this individual from Verizon responded to the FCC on the very same day they got the complaint. Apparently this complaint was so important that it must have been immediately routed to the right individual who dropped everything to respond. Also, this poster, with one message total, for some reason has omitted the name of the person who responded. (since they don't exist)

I'm not buying the authenticity of this letter.

Last edited by mneidin; 06-23-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

I agree, im really questioning this one....

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

the picture says it all lol! i might have to borrow it and put it in the next tp2 thread!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:38 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

The most ironic part is I found it in an article about unlocking GPS on blackberries
Old 06-26-2009, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

LittleBreezes is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to LittleBreezes

The title of the post says "FTC" complaint but the letter says "FCC" complaint. I have been involved in FCC complaints. This doesn't look anything like what I have seen. Also isn't the VZ "response" just a copy/paste of the letter that was published on these boards before?
Frank
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia