PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: bb storm
Carrier: verizon

theidoctor is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Official Guide to updating your omnia for gps Do this before flashing to a cooked rom

SOURCE

Theidoctor.org is in no way responsible for damaged hardware through this process. PLEASE DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT CONTACT US FOR ANY QUESTIONS. USE THE LINKS TO GET ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Before you begin, make sure to download the Samsung Omnia UMDL and the Samsung i910 Firmware update on the right.
*TIPS BEFORE STARTING*
*Backup your data and do a hard reset to avoid any mishaps.
*Make sure your phone is more than 50% charged. It does not take long to update the firmware, but if it dies in the middle of the install, it will not come back to life.
*Be careful with overheating the battery, it will cause the phone to shut off as well.
Do not plug the phone into the computer until you are told in step 7.

STEP 1: Make sure that the active sync connections on your computer is set so to *DO NOT ALLOW USB CONNECTIONS.
Step 2: In your phone settings, switch the USB connection from active sync to sync with Mass Storage. Then turn off your phone until later.
Step 3: Open the Samsung Omnia UMDL
Step 4: Select Unified Image File (*img) and search for the samsung i910 firmware (i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img)
Step 5: Click the detect button
Step 6: Plug in your phone while it is still turned off.
Step 7: When you plug it in, turn on the phone.
Step8: Your phone should have been detected and the firmware should be written to the disc. Wait for the blue highlight on the UMDL.
Step 9: It should be rebooting and you will need to setup windows again.
Step 10: To turn the GPS on, go to settings -> Phone -> GPS -> Change settings from 911 to location on.
Step 11: Soft reset the phone
TROUBLESHOOTING
If your phone needs to be programmed, press *228 and hit option 1. Also do option 2 to update the prl.
If your phone needs to be authenticated, you have 2 options.
1: Go to your verizon wireless account and switch the esn to a different phone. Go to the other phone and dial *228 option 1 to program it. Wait a few minutes and then change the esn back to the omnia. do *228 option 1 on the omnia to pogram it back.
2: Call verizon tech, tell them you did a hard reset on your phone and it needs to be authenticated.
If your phone shuts off randomly, take the battery out for a while and let it cool off.
PLEASE DONATE
Old 06-03-2009, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Official Guide to updating your omnia for gps Do this before flashing to a cooked

Should this post be moved in to the roms section?
Old 06-04-2009, 10:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia 910
Carrier: Verizon

tgreenstein is just getting started
Re: Official Guide to updating your omnia for gps Do this before flashing to a cooked

The only suggestion I would make is to edit Step 7 to say "After you plug it in, turn on the phone."

Otherwise it sounds like one of those strange reset operations where you have to hold down two buttons, poke the reset button, and cross your eyes while standing on one leg...

Handspring Visor/Dell Axim X5/Dell Axim X50v/Treo 650/Treo 700wx/Omnia 910.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks for the suggestion... im a little confused though... it pretty much says the same thing, unless your saying that your suggestion just words it better... which in that case, i will change it lol...
Old 07-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTP TP
Carrier: VZW

tlower is a n00b

Have a problem which I have not ran into before when flashing ROMs. The problem is that the phone (i910) is stopping during download. In the UMDL under download progress I get an error message saying Checksum Failed. Wife just got this phone and just wants the GPS working, so I was just flashing to the CC20 rom. I have tried to redownload the Rom just in case it was corrupted, but that didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SHC-i910
Carrier: Verizon

popwarfour is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlower View Post
Have a problem which I have not ran into before when flashing ROMs. The problem is that the phone (i910) is stopping during download. In the UMDL under download progress I get an error message saying Checksum Failed. Wife just got this phone and just wants the GPS working, so I was just flashing to the CC20 rom. I have tried to redownload the Rom just in case it was corrupted, but that didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
yea man i'm having the same problem. With the wm 6.5 rom for the i910. I get the error message "checksum failed" once the flash starts to begin. Luckily it doesn't brick my phone.. yet. anyone else getting this problem. This is the first rom that it's done this to me on. All the others worked perfectly
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia