PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 01:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia 910
Carrier: Verizon

covard is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery meter on Mobile Shell 3

First, a disclaimer: I know that one should search for an already posted item, but when I do, invariably, it comes back with Adrynalyn's Rom thread with it's 953 replies. It would take me all da-r-n day to check all those items for a question.
--
I have the Omnia 910 (verizon) and have installed Mobile Shell 3.0.1 (latest as of 5-22-09).
I have noticed that the battery meter always reads in multiples of 20%. I was in hopes that it would be more accurate than that.
--
In reading in the SPB forums, I can't find much about it, and haven't received a response to a post there, but it looks like, maybe, it is a problem with the Verizon Omnia ???? That it only dumps out increments of 20%, so that the meter will show 100% till it hits 80%, and then only change when it hits 60%, etc.
--
I know that the stock battery meter shows a sliding scale, but I have never seen a percentage shown. I did see that on my old pda device and it has been a little frustrating to not see it on this device. So thought that the Mobile Shell would be a better tool. The screen shots on their website show other increments of percentages.
--
Any thoughts?
Old 05-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra
Re: Battery meter on Mobile Shell 3

it's the phone. No real help for that until Samsung gives a better battery driver or something.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia 910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

covard is just getting started

Thanks, I appreciate the response.
--
One more question, if you guys don't mind.
I have noticed that my phone doesn't seem to charge with the sync cable since installing Mobile Shell. Do you think that is a problem with that software? I don't recall having problems charging (other than being slower) with the sync cable prior to installing the MS3. I guess I could uninstall it and see what happens.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

I never had a problem with MS3. Sometimes the MS3 widget wouldn't update to the charging look when I plugged it in but the battery in the task bar would show it as charging. Try a soft reset, sometimes things just get a little wiggy and need a reboot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia