PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: i910 WM6.5
Carrier: VZ
Threadstarter

lioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to lioryte Send a message via Skype™ to lioryte
Thumbs up Re: CC20 "Leaked i910 Rom and accessories"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx04201987xx View Post
thank you so much.
by the way is there any place I can take a look at your ROM's screen shots?
I use Adrynalyne's ROM, they work grert for me. as far as screen shots, in the ROM section everyone got a shot of somethin'. 6.5 is really nice and finger friendly. You got ROMs here in the ROM section and in modaco as well with Wozzer's ROM. since Adrynalyne was kind enough to post his kitchen lots of ppl started posting their work. If you feel like it, you can cook your own ROM now. Just make sure any ROM you try is for i910 or you'll brick it
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

lioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: i910 Omnia CC20 ROM AKA "Leaked Verizon Rom" and accessories"

Re-posted
Old 06-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

redsfan is a n00b

After reading the instructions it says I should download the CDMA modem driver. Where cannot I find one that's Vista Compatible for the Omnia i910. I have misplaced the CD on where I think the driver is also located. I have searched google, VZW's website, and Samsung's to no avail. I found a driver that was for XP, but have not downloaded it.

Or

Is the USB driver provided what was needed (I have already installed that).
Old 06-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan View Post
After reading the instructions it says I should download the CDMA modem driver. Where cannot I find one that's Vista Compatible for the Omnia i910. I have misplaced the CD on where I think the driver is also located. I have searched google, VZW's website, and Samsung's to no avail. I found a driver that was for XP, but have not downloaded it.

Or

Is the USB driver provided what was needed (I have already installed that).
Short version: yes
I have Vista 64. Use the driver I provided at the beginning of this post. That's all you need. Make sure you uncheck USB on sync and have your device set by instructions. Enjoy

Last edited by lioryte; 06-06-2009 at 04:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

redsfan is a n00b

Thank you!

The update was successfull! Now gonna try to see if GPS works now
Old 06-07-2009, 05:42 AM
opm
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

opm is a n00b

Sorry if this is out of place....

I flashed the i910 vzw using the Samsung PST and verizon oem img file (i910WM6.1.REV10.CB06.VZW.img), but the flash only went half way on the phone and the pst showed complete 100%. The phone remained in "flashmode" for another 30mins without any progress. I checked device manager and it does not detect the phone. So I have no choice but to disconnect it and removed the battery, since the power button has no response, and it does not turn on. It does show charging when plugged, but will not turn on. Please advise of any ideas or solutions.

Thank you,
Old 06-07-2009, 05:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: telus

zwfln is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to zwfln Send a message via AIM to zwfln

Quote:
Originally Posted by opm View Post

I flashed the i910 vzw using the Samsung PST and verizon oem img file (i910WM6.1.REV10.CB06.VZW.img), but the flash only went half way on the phone and the pst showed complete 100%. The phone remained in "flashmode" for another 30mins without any progress. I checked device manager and it does not detect the phone. So I have no choice but to disconnect it and removed the battery, since the power button has no response, and it does not turn on. It does show charging when plugged, but will not turn on. Please advise of any ideas or solutions.

Thank you,
hi opm you flash i910 img ,you need use UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.exe and to do it. By the way, do you have the telus cc30 or cb18 right img?
Old 06-08-2009, 02:11 AM
opm
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

opm is a n00b

No I only have the Verizon original img file. I was hesitant to use the UMDL over the Samsung PST. I have the dll and img file for this phone so I felt was a safer choice....so I thought.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by opm View Post

Thank you,

Sorry bud the ONLY flashable version to use on the i910 is the CC20, using the provided driver and UMDL
Old 06-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

libran2174 is a n00b

Planning to flash today ..

I had a question about data on my phone ... i don't care if i have to install my programs again ... but will my contacts, email, and files in My Docs and My Storage survive the flash ? Want to be sure since it's a first for me ... I don't have them backed up ... any free or cheap programs to backup ?

Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia