PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW

snkeyez95 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Program install problem with Verizon leaked ROM

I recently flashed my phone to the leaked Verizon GPS unlocked ROM. I went to install my two favorite programs, wake up on sms and Omnia SIP, and I get the following error message after a soft reset.

"The file 'SIPset' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

As suggested I unistalled and reinstalled to both my device and my storage. Same result.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-22-2009, 05:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

iceberg8685 is a n00b
Re: Program install problem with Verizon leaked ROM

Try another soft reset. I've had problems like that before and I'll soft reset, sometimes a couple of times before the error notices stop.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i910 Omnia

PSUomnia is a n00b

I only get this error if I installed the program to "my storage" and I have the USB cable plugged in and I forget that the USB connection turned to mass storage. Its quite annoining but once you remove the USB cable everything is good again. "Mass storage" disconnects the drive from the PDA making anything installed to it unavailable till you unhook the USB cable. I use both of those programs and they work fine on both cooked 6.1 and 6.5 roms
Old 05-23-2009, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Threadstarter

snkeyez95 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUomnia View Post
I only get this error if I installed the program to "my storage" and I have the USB cable plugged in and I forget that the USB connection turned to mass storage. Its quite annoining but once you remove the USB cable everything is good again. "Mass storage" disconnects the drive from the PDA making anything installed to it unavailable till you unhook the USB cable. I use both of those programs and they work fine on both cooked 6.1 and 6.5 roms
Thanks for your help. I was able to get them to finally install. Installed to device (which I had tired before) and set USB connection to mass storage. Don't know which, if any, of those helped but it's working and that's all I care about.

Thanks Again
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia