PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra
Re: May 11, WHere's the VZW update?

LOL FrankenROM
Old 05-11-2009, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Frankenstein or not, you have to admit it works!!! The only glitch I have left is the battery indicator being stuck on charging.....gee.....I think I'll live!!! LOL

Old 05-11-2009, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: THE INCREDIBLE "DROID I"
Carrier: Veriz-off

naejae730 is just getting started

Does this cooked ROM you speak of also take care of the annoying wrong time on incoming texts and the recurring lag in text message retrieval? Called VZW on this yesterday (my 6th call in 2 months) and they finally told me the real deal is they're waiting for the update from Samsung to fix these "known issues". If the cooked ROM has it together already I'd prefer to just use that instead of waiting otherwise I'm going to thtough this phone out the window.

"The difference between a SMART person and a WISE person is that a SMART person knows what to say, and a WISE person knows whether to say it or not".
Old 05-11-2009, 01:31 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Well, I don't have those issues, so...

Maybe?
Old 05-11-2009, 01:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I don't have them either!
Old 05-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

dustinb is just getting started

My Battery Indicator isn't stuck on Charging but its back to 20% increments. I’ve gotten used to using “Favorite Settings” to see the actual battery percent. And up until the latest 1.3 Bug Fix ROM it’s been accurate to 5%. I guess I could go back to the original 1.3 but I imagine I’ll just wait for Adrynalyne’s next ROM because battery life isn’t a huge issue for me or something I check often.

Bottom line I LOVE these ROM’s and will continue to check for updates on a daily basis.

Thank You for all your work Adrynalyne
Old 05-11-2009, 02:37 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I nuked Favorite Settings due to inaccuracy. It used 5% increments, but they were totally false.

Samsung needs to get off their lazy butt and fix the driver. Until then...
Old 05-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have other small problems that can wait for whenever the official ROM drops...I may be the only person on Earth that actually liked VZnav but with the cooked ROMs it doesn't work...and Google Maps Barely works...if at all...I'm gonna try one of the other freebies out there...and has anyone cracked the battery increment % thing? third party apps dont get the 5% increment love...

anyway...it took a little over 6 months for verizon to drop an Official ROM update for the Titan/XV6800 so expect to wait at least that long or longer...and they probably won't tell us an exact date so when u see a date posted out there don't hold ur breath...
Old 05-11-2009, 02:41 PM
The Pusher

The 5% increments were false. Software trick.

The driver needs to be fixed and its beyond my abilities.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I must have posted right as you guys were talking about it...sorry to make u repeat...Samsung really needs to fix this...who does anything in increments of 20 anyway??? maybe money but 20 bucks can barely get u into a movie nowdays...

Last edited by pdub73; 05-11-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia